Timecard Apps

NewEndian

Hey y'all. I've been introducing my latest app, Timecard Buddy, to larger and larger groups of people, and I wanted to open up the discussion here. My aim is to completely replace the paper timecard but there are a lot of use cases out there so I need feedback. Free to download; you can find the app links as well as an overview video on my revamped website: https://newendian.squarespace.com/timecard-buddy/

And I'll ask, what do you like and dislike about the current timecard apps: TV Timecard, Crew Time Card, and Wrap Time? For those who haven't started using a timecard app, what has been your hesitation?

Thanks for the app. Downloading it now to give it a test drive. I've had TV Timecard for a couple of years and it is mostly a pretty good app. I've used it to keep track of things for myself, but realistically productions want a paper one to go in a file with the rest of the time cards because having one out of the whole crew emailed in, usually gets lost, or the accountant or whomever doesn't like the format or some such hickup. 

I think that as time goes on we will see these becoming more prevalent, but productions I would guess generally want to still keep everyone on set (other than maybe dept heads) OFF their phones and tablets while on set. 

I probably should specify. Timecard Buddy is geared directly toward the popular union payroll companies. Each template is actually attached to an image of the payroll company's timecard. For instance, Entertainment Partners template results in a filled-in Entertainment Partners timecard pdf. I'm hoping that this too will smooth over the transition to digital.

I've personally had it both ways. Most productions I've used it on have been just fine with the email. Only one so far has said that receiving a ton of emails from employees would be cumbersome. I'm hoping that since a lot of departments have one person in charge of timecards, the group mode and resulting batch export will also lessen that concern.

As for minimizing phone usage, a chief concern for me was that entering times could be done as fast as possible. When lunch comes, open the app and it automatically goes to the correct day. Entering the time in the Default set causes it to be entered for everyone in the department at once.

I do need to know when productions do not accept it, and if there's a particular reason that I can properly address. That's where you guys come in.

After playing around with it I can see that it is a far superior app than TV Timecard. I think that this would be very useful, especially with the payroll templates and batch mode. This will surely transition us toward going all digital quickly. 

I certainly can add more templates in the future. If you feel so inclined you can email me a scan (Color, at least 1650 x 1275 resolution) at newendian@gmail.com. Or you could snail mail me a paper timecard, my business address is on my website: www.newendian.com

My other concern would be the Paycheck page. I'm reasonably familiar with American paycheck calculations. I don't know if what I've provided would be compatible with Canadian practices. Some insight on that would be appreciated.