pimp my Sony 7506

Matthias Richter

as many sound mixers use the Sony 7506 for monitoring I thought I`ll pass this info: the cusions of the Beyer DT 250 match the Sony ones. The Beyer are much better in lifetime and will add some isolation to the environment that the Sony is missing.

Matthias

Are you sure those pads don't push the drivers farther away from your ears?  That would affect the low-end response.

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed in this post--I was hoping for pix of some seriously pimped headphones, in the decorated sense....

Philip Perkins

I'm afraid I've got nothing more pimped than just the Beyer cushions.  But I do like the feel of them.

$19 for a pair from B&H, so they're comparable with 2 x Sony pads.

As for response, I don't which direction you suspect bass response would be headed, Phil, but I found they took that little bite of high-end out of the 7506 with factory pads.  I don't mind at all losing that extra treble, but it could rock some people's worlds who've been using 7506 for decades.

my .02

Brian

I used to take apart my 7506 drivers and frankenstein them to work with the lesser comfortable beyer dt-48 headset.  Worked well.  I used them until i found the Sennheiser HMD-280 headsets.  It was crude but it worked very very well.  i'll take a picture.  and post it 

John Gooch