Rycote INV-Lite now shipping

Our new range of mounts, the INV-Lite are now shipping:

http://rycote.com/microphone-windshield-shock-mount/boom-shock-mounts/#lite

The INV-Lite has been designed specifically for short shotguns on interior boom use with a foam windscreen or our new Baseball.

INV-Lite 19 (041136)
DPA 4017B, 4017C; 4018C
Sanken CS-1e
Sennheiser MKH 8060, 8050, 8040, 8020

INV-Lite 21 (041135)
Schoeps MiniCMIT

Screenshot 2017-03-17 09.07.19.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just tried the Inv-lite 19 with Sanken CS-1e and found it not really fitting together. The Sankens diameter is a bit too small. That makes some noise when quickly turning the mik. could be fixed with some tape probably but I guess that's not the idea?

tha "cam-lever clamp" mechanism seems a bit mysterious to me as it doesn't really tighten enough. Or did I get a faulty one?

I gues I'll just send back mine...

Does it work ok with softies?

I don't think so, but I haven't tried it yet. I use it with the stock DPA foam - which is fairly large at the base - and it touches the mount (the metal rails) - which is ok as the whole mount is so rigid that everything moves in sync. But I think putting on a softie would be pushing it. Literally.
I believe Rycote market this as an indoor mount.
Also I've heard that they are working on a short version (primarily for something like the DPA 4018c), maybe you can put the 4017 in there, too, and it may fit a softie then.

got one for my mini cmit, initially looked good, nice design, can take foam and even softie at a pinch. Found when using it it had an odd wind noise when doing normal swings, much worse and more pronounced than my cmit5U in cinela mount with same foam. Put mini cmit into another standard rycote clip mount and noise disappeared and swing noise matched cmit5u rig. I think the clamp mech at the back was doing something to the chassis resonance or something, bummer as otherwise good mount.

C.

I measured the cs-1e it is actually a bit smaller than 19mm. 18 and a half mm it seems... I gues that's the reason why it doesn't fit well. I don't know If I want to start using tape on my new mic.

But the Inv-lite super lever mechanism only does a little tightening in your case, right? I mean it's hardly visible or did I get a faulty example?

thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Oscar

• 2 weeks later...
This mount is unpractical ans noisy 

Based on looking at it again?
What's not practical about it? The fast mounting mechanism? The very firm grip on the grip?
With the other INVs you have to kind of squeeze the mic into place. This could sometimes leave marks on the mic and needed to be adjusted for optimum lyre stretch.
With this, you slide the mic in, push the lever - done.

Noisy? Again, as mentioned in the MiniCMIT thread, I can't confirm that. It has been my quietest mount to date

• 6 months later...

I just bought an DPA 4017c with the Rycote basket DPA sells it with. I was quite surprised how bad the green lyre (72shore) were when mounted behind the foam. When I remove the foam and put the lyre more to the front of the mic on the holes it is better.

But if I put the 4017c in my Sennheiser Blimp MZS 20-1 with the older rubber mounts its the best. But its not the idea to have a small light mic and have a big basket.

As I do mostly one man band documentary I have to switch from basket to foam often and quick. What I heard is that the weak part of the Cinela System.

So does this INV-Lite 19 fit in the basket or is it too wide?

Is there a Cinela Osix that works with 4017c and fits in an Rycote Basket?

btw: 10 month ago it was announced here. As of today I can't find the product on rycote webpage.

I don't know that I would use the foam in the Rycote basket. Besides being in the way of the lyres, I think I remember reading that it actually degrades performance of the basket as it reduces the amount of dead air in the basket. Just takes an extra second to slip the foam on after you remove the mic from the basket. 

I have the 4017C and Rycote basket and have had no issues with it the way the green lyres came set up. 

-Mike

1 hour ago, Armin Siegwarth said:

btw: 10 month ago it was announced here. As of today I can't find the product on rycote webpage.

The INV-19 lite? But it’s right there. On their site. 

I don’t know if it fits into the regular windshield, but I have no issues putting it into a regular basket - definitely without the foam, though, as Mike pointed out. 

Also they have the small Cyclone which works quite well with this mic. And it’s pretty fast to open if that’s what you’re after. 

well now google finds it...

I was here http://mymic.rycote.com/products/shock-mounts-suspension/invision-broadcast-film/

and even the site search did not find it with the article number - however...

I think its cause Javascript was turned off on my end and I was directed to an alternative site.

Good to know it fits in an standard basket - the Rycote/DPA one is a standard 10cm wide.  

The cyclone is just so damn ugly when the basket is away with this UFO on top and the shadow profile is bigger than a standard one. I like the quick magnet design and floating basket though. 

6 hours ago, Armin Siegwarth said:

Did anybody had a hands on with the new lite Softie Kit?

I tried it and returned it. I love the INV-Lite shockmount, but hated the softie. 

May have been a problem with the one I got, but the fur on the softie I had was not firmly attached to the foam, so when I attempted to put the mic in it the foam just got all bunched up inside the fur instead of sliding smoothly down the mic. I tried for about 10 min to get it to work and failed, so took it back. 

I still own the INV-Lite shockmount though and use it all the time; it's great. 

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/23/2018 at 1:10 AM, Armin Siegwarth said:

well now google finds it...

I was here http://mymic.rycote.com/products/shock-mounts-suspension/invision-broadcast-film/

and even the site search did not find it with the article number - however...

I think its cause Javascript was turned off on my end and I was directed to an alternative site.

Good to know it fits in an standard basket - the Rycote/DPA one is a standard 10cm wide.  

The cyclone is just so damn ugly when the basket is away with this UFO on top and the shadow profile is bigger than a standard one. I like the quick magnet design and floating basket though. 

Hi Armin,

Sorry for the belated answer. Just to put it out there. You can just take the C-arm with UFO suspension off within a second with 2 fingers.

Cheers

Timo