Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryanpeds

Sonosax Repair

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any leads on in depth Sonosax mixer repair here in the U.S.? None of the usual suspects on the west coast do in depth repair and the guy I had isn't really taking any more repairs. Any help or leads would be appreciated. 

Ryan

Professional Sound Services in NYC does Sonosax repair. They're great - that's where just about everyone I know goes. They take great care of my old SX-S.

-Mike

Thanks Mike, I'll give them a call.

Philip, yes. It sounds like they are just taking a few repairs here and there so I have to look elsewhere. 

Let us know how responsive the service centers are. I've beenthinking about picking up a sonosax recorder but have been hesitant because of servicing concerns. From what I understand any major repair has to be sent back to the mothership. Are the mentioned people providing services able to do most if not all repairs? I've heard that Sonosax doesn't provide any/minimal technical documents to even qualified technicians.

Keep us posted please!

its a potentially much longer turn around, but sending it back to sonosax is probably the best option. that way you know you are in good hands.  

It's really a bummer if Adam L is scaling back his service on Cantar and Sax (and etc)--he did great work.

Hi Ryan,

Yes I've got and 8 channel Sonosax that needs attention before I sell it

But I will have to work on it myself!

BTW thanks for the latest purchase

Arrived yesterday

mike

Have you contacted David White in Santa Clarita?

http://dwsoundservice.com

He lists experience with Cooper, Sony, Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, Audio Limited, etc. and has a background working in the service department at Location Sound, a Sonosax dealer.

Of course, Sonosax is a unique product so you would be wise to inquire before sending off any gear. But it might be worth a consultation.

David

Forrest at Trew in Los Angeles is very familiar with Sonosax mixers. He's done some work on my SX-ST and I'm very happy with his attention to detail. Furthermore, he has a good rapport with Pierre and is able to get parts and answers very promptly.

Moe