Sonosax Repair

ryanpeds

Does anyone have any leads on in depth Sonosax mixer repair here in the U.S.? None of the usual suspects on the west coast do in depth repair and the guy I had isn't really taking any more repairs. Any help or leads would be appreciated. 

Ryan

Let us know how responsive the service centers are. I've beenthinking about picking up a sonosax recorder but have been hesitant because of servicing concerns. From what I understand any major repair has to be sent back to the mothership. Are the mentioned people providing services able to do most if not all repairs? I've heard that Sonosax doesn't provide any/minimal technical documents to even qualified technicians.

Keep us posted please!

Have you contacted David White in Santa Clarita?

http://dwsoundservice.com

He lists experience with Cooper, Sony, Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, Audio Limited, etc. and has a background working in the service department at Location Sound, a Sonosax dealer.

Of course, Sonosax is a unique product so you would be wise to inquire before sending off any gear. But it might be worth a consultation.

David

Forrest at Trew in Los Angeles is very familiar with Sonosax mixers. He's done some work on my SX-ST and I'm very happy with his attention to detail. Furthermore, he has a good rapport with Pierre and is able to get parts and answers very promptly.

Moe

Hi Ryan. What mixer model do you have that needs repair and what repair does it need? Because they are so compact, repairing the current model Sonosax mixers is often not a very intuitive endeavor, and require a very specific disassembly and reassembly order. For this reason, I advise against having even a very good but unfamiliar technician attempt servicing them. 

Forrest Forbes  (Trew Audio Los Angeles in Burbank) has extensive experience and factory rep training with the SXST and SXAD, and others. Steve George (Remote Audio service manager in Nashville) has factory training at the Swiss factory, and extensive experience with the SXST. I also have Sonosax factory training with their mixers, so while I do not have time to turn the screws myself, feel free to contact me for help and advice. The best way to contact me quickly is to call a Trew Audio location, and they will get a message to me.

Best,

Glen

Hi Ryan. Those items are fairly easy to replace on that board. If you are in LA I'd take it to our Burbank store. Both Forrest and Jaime have a lot of experience inside those boards. If you are in Atlanta, bring it to our store there for Gary Rogers to fix. Otherwise, call Steve George at Remote Audio in Nashville. 

The comm module is an aftermarket product, not made by Sonosax. If memory serves, Ron Meyer designed and built the module while working at Audio Services before he split off to start PSC. 

I understand that servicing the comm module is not simple. If there is an issue with that component, you might want to contact Ron and bring him into the discussion.

Replacing faders and pots sounds pretty straightforward (if one has the parts) and probably wouldn't require getting entangled in the comm module. I just bring it up because you mentioned that it was fitted. 

David