How are you guys placing HushLavs? Just started using them and I take a 1/2"x3" strip of moleskin and place it at the bottom half of the HushLav and attach it to appropriate clothing layer. Anybody have other options?

I usually do basically the same thing, but using topstick. 

The hush lavs can be pretty quiet, so sometimes I'll even put the topstick directly below the hush Lav and let it move freely with the clothing. 

-Mike

CMSD   

An NYC mixer taught me to use a 1x1 square of moleskin to attach a small safety pin. Lasts much longer than just piercing the foam itself.

Occasionally, I used a thin "bead" of snot tapel/butyl/Joe's Sticky Stuff along the length of the hush lav.  Usually works well on loose tops with little to no collar hem.  Hides well (not much wrinkle/indent/fabric bunching)

Unless they've improved them, be careful when using the black HushLavs as the black coloring will run, or stain, when moist. 

It could result in very unhappy talent or wardrobe.

I'd be happy to hear if this has been successfully addressed.

I got a pack of hush lavs a while back but I never find myself grabbing them out of the wiring kit. Perhaps because of their size. I've preferred using an overcover for the same effect.

Ive been meaning to try a hush lav on the TX antenna for separation from the skin though!

2 hours ago, Dave Pullmer said:

Ive been meaning to try a hush lav on the TX antenna for separation from the skin though!

That's actually an awesome idea! Thanks!

-Mike

On 3/26/2017 at 3:21 PM, John Blankenship said:

Unless they've improved them, be careful when using the black HushLavs as the black coloring will run, or stain, when moist. 

It could result in very unhappy talent or wardrobe.

I'd be happy to hear if this has been successfully addressed.

The last pack of blacks I got still had this issue. The color seems to bleed out fairly quickly, so if you roll them between a couple of napkins for a minute or so it seems to get all the extra dye out and they are fine after that. Still kind of annoying though. I've never had an issue with the white ones. 

-Mike