Zaxcom digital bag questions

Rafael

Hi
I'm new on zaxcom world and there are some things that I can't find on the manual (V7.77)

I read all the manuals and search in many sites with no lucky.
Maybe some one here can help me
thanks.

First I was trying to figured out how to do Re Recording playing the bkuped tx audio (micro SD) into the original file (no zaxcovert and mix injection or post work) If i'm not wrong it's suposse to be possible (like deva)
Was announced in 2012 by Glen so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or missing some things

Zaxnet functions? for examlpe on the zaxnet menu of each ID I only have the posibility to change freq and gain
It's posible to turn on/of the transmiters?
Can I control any other parameter?

other confussion
I select dinamic power roll starting at 25mw
on the first recording went to max (75mW on zmt3 and 125mW on trxla) good, but when stop return to 50mW instead to 25mW
it's mean never return to 25mW
Once testing the ZHD worked well, but I loose the dual mode :(

I bought Stereo line in Custom cables and stereo mic level in customcables from Remote Audio to feed stereo signal into the TRXLA2.5S
and on stereo mode only feed audio from the red connector into the 2 channels

The cable was made and double check from remote audio under the block diagram from The trxla2 manual
so What im doing wrong ?

I'm happy, but a litlebit worrie about wireless range and the "fine print"
please any tips are wellcomed and realy apressiated

Sorry for my bad English

Nomad 10
Soft ver 7.81
audio rev 15
main rev 57
zaxnet ver 0.36

2 qrx 200
V3-73 pld 62 AA
V04-06 pld 62 AA

2 ZMT3.6
V159
dsp:27(zhd)
opt=03

2 TRXLA2.5S
V9-34T

Not to worry.  You'll have much of this sorted before long.  Zaxcom systems are not as difficult to learn as some people like to claim, however there is a bit of a learning curve due to their depth of features.

On a Nomad you can sleep or wake transmitters via the Zaxnet menu.  However, it will only control all transmitters simultaneously.  Zaxcom is supposed to add individual transmitter wake/sleep control at some point, but that hasn't been implemented yet.

Recapturing audio from a transmitter has also yet to be implemented on Nomad.  It has worked on a Deva for years, but they ran into a stumbling block of some sort when trying to make it work on a Nomad.  Glenn (Zaxcom's head cook and bottle washer) has stated it's one of his favorite features so it's not through lack of desire that it isn't a current feature.

Zaxcom has stated that there is almost no battery use difference between 25 and 50mW, so if it defaults back to 50mW, that shouldn't be a run time issue.

4 hours ago, Rafael said:

Hi
I'm new on zaxcom world and there are some things that I can't find on the manual (V7.77)

I read all the manuals and search in many sites with no lucky.
Maybe some one here can help me
thanks.

First I was trying to figured out how to do Re Recording playing the bkuped tx audio (micro SD) into the original file (no zaxcovert and mix injection or post work) If i'm not wrong it's suposse to be possible (like deva)
Was announced in 2012 by Glen so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or missing some things

Zaxnet functions? for examlpe on the zaxnet menu of each ID I only have the posibility to change freq and gain
It's posible to turn on/of the transmiters?
Can I control any other parameter?

other confussion
I select dinamic power roll starting at 25mw
on the first recording went to max (75mW on zmt3 and 125mW on trxla) good, but when stop return to 50mW instead to 25mW
it's mean never return to 25mW
Once testing the ZHD worked well, but I loose the dual mode :(

I bought Stereo line in Custom cables and stereo mic level in customcables from Remote Audio to feed stereo signal into the TRXLA2.5S
and on stereo mode only feed audio from the red connector into the 2 channels

The cable was made and double check from remote audio under the block diagram from The trxla2 manual
so What im doing wrong ?

I'm happy, but a litlebit worrie about wireless range and the "fine print"
please any tips are wellcomed and realy apressiated

Sorry for my bad English

Nomad 10
Soft ver 7.81
audio rev 15
main rev 57
zaxnet ver 0.36

2 qrx 200
V3-73 pld 62 AA
V04-06 pld 62 AA

2 ZMT3.6
V159
dsp:27(zhd)
opt=03

2 TRXLA2.5S
V9-34T

what John said.

Re recording not implemented by zaxcom

You can not change individual TX power state automatically  but you can change for all TX

power roll only goes down to 50mW and ZMT max power is 75 so this is normal

also

"assuming Remote audio did not make a faulty cable" did you select stereo modulation in the transmitter menu?

Thanks 

yes, the zmt3 running on zhd48 go down to 25mW

Yes I'm running the tx on stereo mode 

Zaxcom support answer me a few minutes ago 

I'm really impressed 

wrote him today and answer me on Sunday!!  

Here's the answer 

Re-record is something that we did implement in Nomad but we ran into some issues at the time. This is something that we will be implementing in a future firmware update sometime in the near future.

You can put the transmitters in low 2 mode by going into the ZaxNet setup menu  > TRX OFF-ON and you can start the internal recorder

Power roll goes between 50mW and the highest setting of the transmitter (essentially there is very little power draw differences between 25mW and 50mW

Thanks everyone!!!

• 2 weeks later...