Sennheiser 816 (p48) hiss and crackling noise

Trey LaCroix

Hey everybody! The other night I plugged in my 816 (phantom powered) and I noticed a loud-ish hiss and crackling noise. I tried it with a couple different power supplies to see if that was the issue, but same thing with each one. I'm taking it in to be looked at tomorrow, but wanted to check here to see if anyone has experienced this.

Thanks!

I sent an on again off again crackling and hissing 816t to sennheiser years back. They had it over two months. Possibly three. Made several calls into the office asking if all was well. Took a while because it was intermittent. They said. Finally got it back. No charge. And, no fix... and no explanation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/8/2017 at 6:01 AM, Mack said:

Just curious if you ever figured out how to fix your 816?   I have one that needs to be looked at but Senn said they won't service them anymore.    

Just got my 816 back from Pete Verrando with the issue SOLVED! I guess a few things in on the board needed to be re soldered. Can't say enough good things about that guy! You should definitely hit him up if your 816 needs some looking at.