Lectro UCR411a vs. LR

Vivid Lizard

Just wondering... that although the Lectro LR Compact Receiver is touted as being for ENG & DSLR work, what, besides the info panel being on the front instead of the top, makes this unit less desirable for higher end film and broadcast work than say the UCR411a?

The LR has true diversity, removable / moveable antennas, digital hybrid technology, and other features that the 411 has, plus it has that snazzy 3-block frequency range and is lighter in weight. And, the LR is around $550 less than the 411.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Although the LR has a Tracking Front End like the 411a, there are inherit differences between the filtering ability of a Wide Band Receiver (LR) and a Narrow Band Receiver (411a)........... it becomes a trade off between Wide Band versatility and Narrow Band performance.

Steve

I have four of the LR/LT units and they are working well.   My understanding is they are in between the 401 and 411 in terms of front end tracking.  I don't have an issue with the controls being on the front.  Not the most convenient but you adapt.  I really appreciate the smaller size and lighter weight.  I'm using battery replacers to power the receivers and all four are running into a PSC RF Multi SMA so I don't have the forest of antennas sticking out of the bag.  My antennas are home brew coaxial dipoles.  

It sounds like front end tracking so far is the biggest, but not too major, difference. If that is correct, then for my needs the lighter weight, smaller size and $550 dollar difference of the LR seems like the way to go. I'm kind of thinking of possibly going with an SMQV/LR combo to get a nice 250mW set at a somewhat better price point than an SMQV/411 set would be.

Thanks for the input!

• 4 months later...

Can anyone explain why the 411 is that much more expensive? Still a bit confused on this. I understand the technology but I think I might be missing critical info on manufacturing costs and such. My feeling is that it has to do with the front end filters, but I'm sure there's more to it. Why the jump in price?