AnuarYahya

Active Noise Cancellation

Seems like science fiction, but perhaps in the near future active noise cancellation might help location sound mixers get clean dialogue. 

Seems like science fiction, but perhaps in the near future active noise cancellation might help location sound mixers get clean dialogue. 

But if I use this on set, I won't be able to hear the camera crew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's bullshit. There's always a price to pay for noise reduction, and I would much rather leave this decision to the discretion of the post crew.

Leave it for post. making a decision in the field on headphones with something like noise reduction doesn't make much sense.  I can't think of any post guy that would appreciate it.  Like Marc said, theres always a price to pay,  unless your making pre and post noise reduction recordings,  it's doing more harm than not. 

engaudio   

I think the most telling thing about this device is the lack of real world results in the video.

daniel   
41 minutes ago, engaudio said:

I think the most telling thing about this device is the lack of real world results in the video.

Very true about the video but as a principle and a trend, as the world gets noisier, we'll see more attempts to make it quieter. Initially any effective solutions will be expensive so there will many attempts to do it cheaper. I welcome the attempts to do it cheaper however badly they fail as this is how we get 'there'.