Prototype petrol bag mod: Boom pole holder

curleysound

I modified one of the wireless receiver holders so I could clip my pole to the bag when I need to use both hands. A second rubber clip might be added for double stability, but it's working well for now. I put some black Moleskin over the screw top to protect the pole, but left it off for demonstration purposes in the photo.

IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4637.jpg

I'm off to Palm Springs for the weekend, where this will get its first field test.

Curley,

Is that a new-model vdb or old?  If new, do you find that the collars are absolutely useless?  Or am I the only one?

Great idea btw, I usually use a velcro loop but using it to 'holster' the pole is usually a two hand operation and a noisy one.  I use a portabrace rig but maybe I can come up with something..

-d

Curley,

Is that a new-model vdb or old?  If new, do you find that the collars are absolutely useless?  Or am I the only one?

Great idea btw, I usually use a velcro loop but using it to 'holster' the pole is usually a two hand operation and a noisy one.  I use a portabrace rig but maybe I can come up with something..

-d

Thanks,

It's an older VDB pole, and a great one at that!

Thanks for the complements! The best part of this mod is that it took about 5 minutes to rig up with nothing but scissors.

Great idea, and I evan have a spare quick fist left over.

Can anyone tell me what Curley is using to hang his head phones and cable off his bag?

Cheers

Jon

Its a plastic cable clamp.  They sell them at home improvement stores.  Designed for wrapping and hanging extension cords.  They come in a variety of sizes.  You should be able to located them is the hardware area.

Bernie

• 4 years later...

I modified one of the wireless receiver holders so I could clip my pole to the bag when I need to use both hands. A second rubber clip might be added for double stability, but it's working well for now. I put some black Moleskin over the screw top to protect the pole, but left it off for demonstration purposes in the photo.

IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4637.jpg

I'm off to Palm Springs for the weekend, where this will get its first field test.

I'm been trying to find this specific style of "boom pole holder" and can not find it. Who makes this and where can I geet it?

Tom

Interesting innovation but personally, I consider it bad form to EVER place the end of a

rear exit XLR on the ground.  That photo makes me cringe a bit.

Quick Fist rubber clamp:

http://www.endroad.com/index.php/quick-fist-mounts/quick-fist-clamp.html

Thanks for the link. Just ordered a couple. I think these are better suited than the PSC for this application.

Tom