VAS

NEW: Timecode Systems | UltraSync One

33 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, davedv said:

It's certainly possible that some of the DIN 1.0/2.3 connectors are better than others... 

The UltraSync One seems to have the DIN connectors secured to the housing with nuts, which looks a little more robust. AJA does this with their products as well, and it's definitely better (only destroyed one connector attached this way, as opposed to several of the BMD ones).

But the bigger issue is a basic physics problem. The DIN 1.0/2.3 connectors are small, thin, and stick out from the device....

Thanks Dave. It was my experience with AJA connectors frequently sitting on backplanes (good) vs BMD connectors stuck right on the PCBs (less good) that got me thinking.... 

I hear you about the tiny size of the 1.0/2.3 connectors. I'm not a fan either. Hopefully someone at NAB (or here) can directly ask Timecode Systems what their thinking is behind using these connectors and if they're thinking of offering versions with BNC, Lemo, or something. The UltraSync One box seems cool... would love to have more confidence that it'll hold up in a rough-and-tumble field...

So anyone at NAB had a chance to chat with TCS about their new stuff and the connectors?

On 23/04/2017 at 11:26 AM, Constantin said:

That's why they have that battery which lasts 4.5 hours

4.5hrs for lunch? I doubt I'd be capable of working after that long ;-)

Is it me, or did I notice that Vitec are including Timecode Systems products in their publicity for various of 'their' brands? This, to me, would suggest that they may have bought TCS?

I'm not sure if anyone is aware but there is a NAB show exlusive offer where you can get get two of the new UltraSync ONE units and a Wave for just £699+VAT/ $915 / €829. Here is the link to get the offer if anyone is interested: http://www.timecodesystems.com/ultrasync-one-nab-bundle/

Considering that here in the UK the Wave alone is around £600+VAT this offer is amazing.

From the official Facebook page:

COMING SOON...

We're releasing a range of additional cables to buy for the UltraSync ONE including:

- Coax to BNC
- Coax to LEMO5 (two will be available for timecode in/out)
- Coax to XLR (two will be available for timecode in/out)
- Coax to Minijack
- Coax to Minijack Y/splitter cable
- Coax to BNX converter cable

When you purchase the UltraSync ONE, you will receive two coax to BNC cables (one for timecode, one for genlock) and a USB charging cable as standard.

Keep an eye out on our Facebook and Twitter pages for more information including prices and shipping dates.

32 minutes ago, VAS said:

From the official Facebook page:

COMING SOON...

We're releasing a range of additional cables to buy for the UltraSync ONE including:

- Coax to BNC
- Coax to LEMO5 (two will be available for timecode in/out)
- Coax to XLR (two will be available for timecode in/out)
- Coax to Minijack
- Coax to Minijack Y/splitter cable
- Coax to BNX converter cable

When you purchase the UltraSync ONE, you will receive two coax to BNC cables (one for timecode, one for genlock) and a USB charging cable as standard.

Keep an eye out on our Facebook and Twitter pages for more information including prices and shipping dates.

Not seeing any 4 pin lemos. Poor RED...

I think you would just have camera dept provide the sync cable and adapt to the BNCs.

PS.. still would rather buy this product with BNCs on the box. But I'll try to stop beating the dead horse.

56 minutes ago, Matthew Manville said:

Not seeing any 4 pin lemos. Poor RED...

That would be a Y - cable: TC and genlock  DINs into 4 pin Sync socket - probably that's why not. But,  you can use the 200,- 3 BNC split cable from RED.