VAS

NEW: Ambient | NanoLockit

Currently not through the LockitToolbox. However, if you jam with Time of day and set the userbits to MM.DD.YY.AD it wil acept the American Date scheme and set the RTC accordingly.

Oh, and in Rome they use the EU scheme,IIRC :P

Thanks. That's what I have been doing. The work around is fine, but I'd like to be able to set the RTC and jam off that. Is there a timeline for LockitToolbox to have this option?

I am connecting my new nano to my computer, a mac running Sierra 10.12.1.  I have downloaded Ambient Lockit toolbox both 5.0 and 5.10 and the software does not recognize the Nanos.  

What am I missing here?

9 hours ago, alenK said:

How do replace the batteries when and if you need to 5 years from now?

Thank you.

I asked them when at NAB and they said you would have to send them in and have them replaced. Not user replaceable. But they can be replaced which is good and not a throw away device. 

I got a pair on 4-1-18. 

I was able to talk production into their necessity and the advantages provided in post. I basically described what was involved in making the sound and video sync up, I didn't get into GenLok as the shots did not exceed 5mins, no 3D, indie film, etc. 

If I were new sound guy looking for an inexpensive reliable timecode solution the NanoLockit is a solid investment.

I am going to make some adapter cables for the cables that come with the Nanolockits( 5pinLemo——>Male 3.5mm TRS).

Female 3.5mm TRS——>BNC

Female 3.5mm TRS——>5pinLemo

Female 3.5mm TRS<—— 5pinLemo

These seem legit, Rean 3.5mm TRS FEMALE

Who knows where to get cheap authentic 5pin Lemo connectors?

6 hours ago, Dalton Patterson said:

Cheap and authentic doesn’t exist. Only

Lemo makes authentic connectors and they aren’t cheap. There are knock offs that are cheaper. 

14 hours ago, Alejandro Reyes said:

Hey Dalton,

The Nanolokits are my next investments within the next 2 months. I'm hoping to at least get two, how do you like them so far? 

I originally borrowed them from a co worker and had the initial concerns, ( no LCD, no batts, no dipswitchs) He assured me they run as long as they are charged. I also understand battery technology has improved significantly over the past few years. I am not concerned with the internal batt wearing down, but will keep it in mind and test the units periodically for battery length.

I have not yet connected them using the ACN. So far I use them as stand alone units, jammed via Lemo on my SD664 (wouldn't work well long term, but temp is OK).

Speaking of investments, I plan on acquiring an Ambient Lockit Slate for ACN Master. I just can't stand it how PA's will but my $1.5k slate on the floor, but they wouldn't dream of putting their $500 iPhone on the floor ( sometimes I ask them). My favorite question is "how long do I have to hold this for". 

ALENK-I hear you; 5 years goes quick. 

RYANPEDS- Thank you for sparing me the headache of finding that out on my own. I had a thought that was the case; Lemo brand was expensive and there were cheap knockoffs. I will make class A authentic connectors, and class B economy connectors. 

On 4/5/2018 at 6:03 PM, Dalton Patterson said:

I got a pair on 4-1-18. 

I was able to talk production into their necessity and the advantages provided in post. I basically described what was involved in making the sound and video sync up, I didn't get into GenLok as the shots did not exceed 5mins, no 3D, indie film, etc. 

If I were new sound guy looking for an inexpensive reliable timecode solution the NanoLockit is a solid investment.

I am going to make some adapter cables for the cables that come with the Nanolockits( 5pinLemo——>Male 3.5mm TRS).

Female 3.5mm TRS——>BNC

Female 3.5mm TRS——>5pinLemo

Female 3.5mm TRS<—— 5pinLemo

These seem legit, Rean 3.5mm TRS FEMALE

Im making my adapter cables now.

I was searching for the wiring and I found my own post…Funny...