Mark LeBlanc

Mozegear Qbit-- Really small sync box....

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Seeing all the announcements of new sync boxes... Having the pleasure to give this little and I mean "TINY" sync box a go from Mozegear..

Basically the size of a 9v... This version has a 4hr internal rechargeable battery with 4 pin hirose for power.. Same accurate clock as the TIG and Q28..

Running with Sony F55's and ZERO issues on sync... Steadycam guys love it! I know they are cooking up a few other things and hope they will have more to say at NAB.. Wish I could go... Pretty sure it also can do Lemo instead of BNC....  

qbit-small.jpg

Yeah a 4-hour run time seems like a deal breaker for most productions. How long is the recharge time after the battery is depleted? 

The Hirose connector is for external power. The battery can be thought of like the 788 internal TC battery. We are testing with F55 and had no issues.  I know other variants are in the works....  

57 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Impressively small, but 4 hours?

Probably it's meant to be connected to hirose all the time and the internal battery is only for swaps.

Probably it's meant to be connected to hirose all the time and the internal battery is only for swaps.

Yes, I'm sure that's the intention, but it kind of negates the small size. In cameras where size and weight is particularly important (e.g. DSLR), there is rarely a hirose power supply

Quick overview of the QBit

• Size is only 3/4 of a cubic inch
  • Durable milled aluminum case 
  • Locking connector (BNC with optional Lemo)
  • Accurate timecode
  • Standard cables can be used
  • Hirose connector offers several types of power 
  • Back up battery that will last around 4.5 hours 
  • Made in the USA
  • Service centers in the USA & UK

Just $199

FYI: We have several other new products that will be announced on Monday.