Wisicom as hop. .

callou

Hi everyone,

I have to use rental wysi quite often when my audio Ltd doesn't fit a location frequency wise. For lav I live wysicom and have no problem what's so ever ..but as hop I never found a way to have decent level on cam without turning the cam input level way to high or hitting compressor or even hitting the clip Led on the tx side..going out line level from my nomad ..pading nomad out level doesn't help. .guys from the rental shop told me to not worry about the clipping Led on the tx but it.make me feel unsafe anyway..any thoughts or tips about that ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

I did use the MPR30 last week..I thought the problem was actually worse because of the absence of aes output. .I had to have the xdcam gain all the way up to get decent level even with the mpr set to 18dbu... I think the tx gain was set at about -36 dB. .anything above would cause the tx to limit even on soft peaks. . What am I doing wrong here ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

MCR42? Check the firmware. A couple of versions back, 3.6 I think. There was an bug in the line out levels that produced the same symptoms for me. Fixed by moving to a later version. You can output a tone at 0dbFS and line the transmitter directly to that (below clipping point), might help. At least that was you'll be using the limiters on the nomad first;)

I think the the TX gain is not set properly. In the Wisy transmiter there is a presset called "Line" it works very good.  As NCG says you can also output a tone at 0 dBfs ( or 20dBu) and set the TX level in order to be just at the clipping limit.

The MPR output max level is at 18 dBu and the MCR42 at 12 dBu.

copied from the MCR42 user manual. 

ENR-1.2*/ENC-1.2*: to use MCR42 with some type of camera (ex. Canon® C300, Canon® XF305, Sony® Pmw200, Sony® Pmw300, Sony® PmwF5, Sony® Fs7, Nikon® D600 or Nikon® D800, Canon® SD mark3...) which accept a signal with reduced dynamic. This type of expansion doesn't add artifacts to the signal and allows to have a less noisy signal. It allows to improve the quality of the audio registration (compared to the ENR/ENC standard) increasing the S/N ratio up to 15dB.

To use these expanders, it’s necessary to set ENR on the transmitter and ENR 1.2 on the receiver or set ENC on the transmitter and ENC 1.2 on the receiver. ENR-1.2 it’s used for the optimization of noise, ENC- 1.2 it’s used to optimize the voice. 

I believe this 1.2 type commander setting will address "low" camera levels. Note v3.3 FW is needed to unlock these features.