NEW: ARRI Alexa SXT W - Wireless

ALEXA-SXTW-fdt-1-1400x943.jpg

Interference between different radio frequencies can be a time-consuming issue for camera crews. The ARRI Wireless Video System eliminates this issue because it works harmoniously with ALEXA SXT W’s other radio-based offerings: the WiFi and the ECS, ARRI’s proprietary camera and lens control system. Since ARRI now fulfills all wireless requirements, crews can be sure there won’t be any problems on set. The high-quality video feeds from the ALEXA SXT W and stand-alone transmitters are long-range, uncompressed, and encrypted for safety. Audio, timecode, and REC flag are included in the zero-delay signal, and up to four receivers can be used per transmitter.

More: http://www.arri.com/news/news/alexa-sxt-goes-wireless/

--

Interesting about: Audio, timecode, and REC flag are included in the zero-delay signal, and up to four receivers can be used per transmitter.

NAB is coming. If anyone can ask which frequencies works and audio / timecode; will be great.

Wonder what happens when they are running 3 or 4 cameras. The biggest issue our video guy had on the last show was that any time the third camera was in operation, range became a huge problem, on all cameras. Limited channels in the wireless range, etc.

Thankfully, I never had a single problem with interference from camera. Not once. No buzz. No range issues. First time ever.

Let's hope that will be the case with this new system. The biggest issue in the past has always been crappy cables, which this camera system should eliminate, if Arri put some thought into shielding.

18 hours ago, Olle Sjostrom said:

Those motors sound a lot too

Long gone are the days where the 1st AC would be on the whip or actually on the barrel of the lens. It seems now all they use is the Preston or the Arri remote. On my last show every time we cam in close with the camera all I could here was the servo and the lens being racked back and forth back and forth. It was like the 1st had some kind of nervous twitch with the remote. I may be getting old but God forbid you even say to them "do you have to be on the remote"?

Sorry to hi jack the thread.

Bill

34 minutes ago, Sound Intuition said:

Long gone are the days where the 1st AC would be on the whip or actually on the barrel of the lens. It seems now all they use is the Preston or the Arri remote. On my last show every time we cam in close with the camera all I could here was the servo and the lens being racked back and forth back and forth. It was like the 1st had some kind of nervous twitch with the remote. I may be getting old but God forbid you even say to them "do you have to be on the remote"?

Sorry to hi jack the thread.

Bill

I agree. It's always when the camera and the actor are still, with a wide depth of field, and you hear the ringing of the servo. I'm thinking, "Just leave it there!!" - I have noticed that the sound of the gears is never really the issue except on a big pull, but I think you'd get that on the whip too. It's the ringing of the servos when they're not maintained properly. I have asked for these to be sent in, but the issue is that if it belongs to the 1st, he/she has to subrent during the service period. It's always a delicate conversation. On the last show, they belonged to Panavision, so if they got noisy they were sent it. No issues at all. They always came back quiet. It did help that if the DP heard any camera noise at all he was embarrassed and almost seemed concerned that I was less concerned than him.