NEW: Audio Ltd - DDX1010

VASI

New from Audio Ltd, DDX1010

DDX1010_product-page_main.jpg

This is the new DDX1010 fully digital dual receiver. It contains two Maximal Ratio Combining (MRC) true diversity receivers which operate fully independently of each other. But it’s still the same dimensions as the DX1010 receiver. It features full encryption and has an analogue output and an AES digital output that’s SuperSlot™ compatible.

Bandwidth: 224MHz in 25kHz steps
Digitally controlled RF tracking filters
Up to twenty 1010 systems can be operated together in just one TV channel
2ms end-to-end delay

More: http://www.audioltd.com/1010digital/ddx1010-dual-receiver/

52 minutes ago, daniel said:

Any idea of cost? 

Daniel, good question. From one hand we have a comment from Scott Boland in Freelance Sound Mixers and Recordist - Europe - on Facebook which says: We'll be showing the [still pre-production] DX1010 Twin at NAB with Kish on hand [Redding Audio booth]. It's still not in production and a final RRP price is also not set as of yet.

From the other hand; Noyz Boyz has a price for DDX1010, which is 2.725€ ex. VAT

Not quite sure about the orientation of this when viewed on a laptop. It worked on my phone just fine.... Anyways. Here is a short video that I made on Friday when I happened to be passing Audio Ltd. It tells us a little more about the DDX 1010 receiver, which Kish should be showing at NAB. I am fascinated that the march onward in technology allows them to fit, literally, twice as much 'stuff' into the same sized box as the single channel 1010 Rx. That's technology for you ;-) sb

Link here if it helps....

The display flips like last 1 iirc. Incredible switching BW. I notice the display show TX temp - nice touch. What's the power usage like compared to other dual RX (digital or analogue, eg Wisycom, Lectro, Sennheiser 6042 and Zaxcom).

Re 'portrait' mode for video. I imagine the hours of video shot like this and on youtube is now an equivalent to all the moving picture material shot in 'landscape' in the years before camera phones and fortunately this vid is short enough not to induce neck strain (but only just ;- )

Apologies Daniel, I happened to be passing Audio Ltd on Friday, and thought this might be of interest to a few folks so Kish and I just 'knocked it off. It plays OK on my phone. I should have flipped it in an edit program but it has been a busy weekend. Sorry for the neckstrain ;-)

Hi Vas - I do not believe that Audio Ltd and SD have sorted out the comms to enable full control of 1010 Rx's with an SL6.... yet ;-) I believe that the intention is there to do so.

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Apologies Daniel, I happened to be passing Audio Ltd on Friday, and thought this might be of interest to a few folks so Kish and I just 'knocked it off. It plays OK on my phone. I should have flipped it in an edit program but it has been a busy weekend. Sorry for the neckstrain ;-)

Hi Vas - I do not believe that Audio Ltd and SD have sorted out the comms to enable full control of 1010 Rx's with an SL6.... yet ;-) I believe that the intention is there to do so.

No apologies needed Simon, I really appreciate the sharing of the video. Please excuse me for making anything of the 'orientation', it was a childish excuse for extraneous banter. Very much looking forward to hearing/reading/seeing more of this wonderful looking Radio system. Kish should be very proud, so many years of hard work developing these products for our market.

My only suggestion for AL would be to design the rack ears so the unit is a bit further recessed. The units poke out a bit too far. 

Other than that, even without making a switch to AL 100%, the rack is a great product. Moving receivers from bag to cart has always been an issue. To be able to have 4 (8) receivers that can seamlessly go back and forth is HUGE! 

15 minutes ago, RPSharman said:

Other than that, even without making a switch to AL 100%, the rack is a great product. Moving receivers from bag to cart has always been an issue. To be able to have 4 (8) receivers that can seamlessly go back and forth is HUGE! 

I couldn't agree more. I can't decide whether to stick with my existing 1010 6 way rack, which would give the potential for 12 channels of RM, or to go with the new 4 slot rack which would in fact make it easier to swap out from trolley to bag ;-)

• 4 months later...

And an app already!

Can 'XLR' version of the RX be converted to an 'SL' version at later date?

These are going to look very 'noir' along side SD 6 series. Will they do a papal 'blanc' version for the vatican?

Street price?

And talking of the street, they've named the system after the main road I live just off (the 'A10'), this feels like destiny :-)

I wonder where integration with SD's SL-6 stands? Last I checked it lagged behind some of the competitors for features available through the 688. That being said, I was checking because if/when I upgrade my wireless, this is what I'm aiming at. Sadly, all the FCC auctions have tempered my desire to spend a $ on wireless, even with these wideband options. 

14 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Wow, that is an awesome system. Very expensive, but very capable - on paper. 

224 MHz switching bandwidth - is that what one tx/rx is capable of? 

That would be incredible. Future reductions of spectrum would rarely be a problem anymore. 

Rx full 470 -694

The tx  3 available options

A10-TX-A (470–548 MHz)
A10-TX-B (518–608 MHz)
A10-TX-C (594–694 MHz)
transmitters are tunable in 25 kHz steps

42 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Wow, that is an awesome system. Very expensive, but very capable

Agreed, lovely system - but isn't that about the same price like a lectro, zaxcom or wisycom system in europe? (about 2500GBP net per channel)

Not in the market for wireless systems atm but I like that there is an alternative with built-in recording option when the time comes.