NEW: Audio Ltd - DDX1010

VASI

10 hours ago, Constantin said:

Wow, that is an awesome system. Very expensive, but very capable - on paper. 

224 MHz switching bandwidth - is that what one tx/rx is capable of? 

That would be incredible. Future reductions of spectrum would rarely be a problem anymore. 

Comparing prices:

- Audio Ltd A10 TX: 1.366 Euro (exc. VAT) (Noyz Boyz online price)

- Lectrosonics SSM: 1.368 Euro (exc. VAT) (Noyz Boyz online price)

- Zaxcom ZMT3-PHANTOM: 1.793 Euro (exc. VAT) (Audiosense online price)

- Wisycom MTP40: 2.160 Euro (exc. VAT) (AEM online price)

4 hours ago, VAS said:

Comparing prices:

- Audio Ltd A10 TX: 1.366 Euro (exc. VAT) (Noyz Boyz online price)

- Lectrosonics SSM: 1.368 Euro (exc. VAT) (Noyz Boyz online price)

- Zaxcom ZMT3-PHANTOM: 1.793 Euro (exc. VAT) (Audiosense online price)

- Wisycom MTP40: 2.160 Euro (exc. VAT) (AEM online price)

Yes, sure. They are all expensive, what's the point?

ok. I admit I haven't checked prices in quite some time. So I guess it's not that expensive compared to the other expensive gear. 

Can't wait to try one of these

1 hour ago, daniel said:

For the features and spec. it seems good value (and cheaper than sennheiser equivalent). I can see OMB shooters and Euro broadcasters going for this - Slot-in RX, TX recorders, remote control. Hope they bring out a mini TX as well.

+1 for mini TX. System looks lovely even without recording capabilities in US.

On 14.9.2017 at 2:40 PM, daniel said:

Hope they bring out a mini TX as well.

Oh yes, I hope so too. The tx, to be honest, looks rather large. 

Maybe they could do a version without p48 and so it could be smaller. 

Does anyone know, can these slot-in receivers, be dropped into an Octopack as well? I believe Wisy can, so maybe these, too?

If so, I think I would buy a set at first availability...

2 hours ago, Constantin said:

Does anyone know, can these slot-in receivers, be dropped into an Octopack as well? I believe Wisy can, so maybe these, too?

They should share the same pinout as superslot receivers so audio and power should work in the octopack.  There's a picture of one in a SL6 in the IBC video

https://youtu.be/AIfsZPAT7w4

6 hours ago, Constantin said:

Oh yes, I hope so too. The tx, to be honest, looks rather large. 

Maybe they could do a version without p48 and so it could be smaller. 

I think the battery choice is quite significant in reducing size. They can also dump the screen (as they did for 2040 minitx), no need for P48, internalise the antenna connector (or even integrate antenna altogether!). How short a battery life would be acceptable to create the smallest TX? Mipro say they can run their digital TX for 14 hours on 1 ICR18500 (although its not made their TX very small).

2 minutes ago, Hugh Palmer said:

Anybody able to report the range and usability of the Bluetooth control?

It is typical of regular Bluetooth range. I would say circa 10-20 feet when in a room, and a bit less outside. You just need to be 'near' an actor or whoever to make it work.  sb

3 hours ago, Bash said:

It is typical of regular Bluetooth range. I would say circa 10-20 feet when in a room, and a bit less outside. You just need to be 'near' an actor or whoever to make it work.  sb

Simon, is the BT ios/droid app the only way to remote control TX or is remote control possible through the RX? With similar range or better?

The audio path of the TX needs to 'hear' timecode when it is in jam mode, so... you can make up a jam cable from your TC Op to the 3 pin mic plug connector for the A10 Tx, or you can play TC through your headphones and put the Tx mic near them. That said - I believe that the RTC now fitted holds TC for circa 2 days with no batteries in the Tx (super capacitor I guess). I am not sure of the accuracy of this though. sb

8 hours ago, daniel said:

Thanks Vas. Interesting. Do you know how time code is managed? Ie. Setting several TX to the same TC.

• 2 weeks later...
The display flips like last 1 iirc. Incredible switching BW. I notice the display show TX temp - nice touch. What's the power usage like compared to other dual RX (digital or analogue, eg Wisycom, Lectro, Sennheiser 6042 and Zaxcom).
Re 'portrait' mode for video. I imagine the hours of video shot like this and on youtube is now an equivalent to all the moving picture material shot in 'landscape' in the years before camera phones and fortunately this vid is short enough not to induce neck strain (but only just ;- )
I was wondering why would the display show TX temperature? Will they turn very hot? Do they crap out when the temp exceeds a certain limit?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, djgocatgo said:

I was wondering why would the display show TX temperature? Will they turn very hot? Do they crap out when the temp exceeds a certain limit?

i have learnt to ignore the temperature reading. i have seen differences of 6º on two transmitters, and on removing them from cast, they have both felt similar in temperature.

also, never seen a reading above 29º. though not been looking at that display all that often.

9 hours ago, djgocatgo said:

Maybe is not useful for 95% of us 95% of the time, but for a few us in a few rare extreme circumstances this could end up becoming a very handy feature? Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Maybe is not useful for 95% of us 95% of the time, but for a few us in a few rare extreme circumstances this could end up becoming a very handy feature? Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!
Sure but it puzzles me a bit.. any other system has this feature? What could be that 5% scenario where one might need info about the tx temp.. is it to prevent overheating? The moment when the transmitter turns extremely hot and your actor starts to make weird faces in the middle of a performance, instantly having the comforting knowledge it is because of a hot transmitter?

I am seriously eyeing this system as replacement to my old 2040.. but I need confidence and preferrably some field experience that the transmitters stay cool..

Diego

I agree, the temp read-out is only really useful when you know what to look out for. Maybe some batteries cause problems when they getting too hot?

Maybe the tx has problems when it's getting too cold? So you can mounted it in a warmer place, perhaps, or not use that plant in the snow... 

Only Audio Ltd. will know the real answer, and perhaps you could take it upon yourself to ask them? 

I agree, the temp read-out is only really useful when you know what to look out for. Maybe some batteries cause problems when they getting too hot?
Maybe the tx has problems when it's getting too cold? So you can mounted it in a warmer place, perhaps, or not use that plant in the snow... 
Only Audio Ltd. will know the real answer, and perhaps you could take it upon yourself to ask them? 
Thanks I will.. This feature raises a for me important question i was hoping to get solid answers to from users in the field.. But you re right. I am sure mr Patel can give me some clues..