Jump to content
VAS

NEW: Audio Ltd - DDX1010

Recommended Posts

VAS   
10 hours ago, Constantin said:

Wow, that is an awesome system. Very expensive, but very capable - on paper. 

224 MHz switching bandwidth - is that what one tx/rx is capable of? 

That would be incredible. Future reductions of spectrum would rarely be a problem anymore. 

 

Comparing prices:

 

- Audio Ltd A10 TX: 1.366 Euro (exc. VAT) (Noyz Boyz online price)

- Lectrosonics SSM: 1.368 Euro (exc. VAT) (Noyz Boyz online price)

- Zaxcom ZMT3-PHANTOM: 1.793 Euro (exc. VAT) (Audiosense online price)

- Wisycom MTP40: 2.160 Euro (exc. VAT) (AEM online price)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VAS said:

 

Comparing prices:

 

- Audio Ltd A10 TX: 1.366 Euro (exc. VAT) (Noyz Boyz online price)

- Lectrosonics SSM: 1.368 Euro (exc. VAT) (Noyz Boyz online price)

- Zaxcom ZMT3-PHANTOM: 1.793 Euro (exc. VAT) (Audiosense online price)

- Wisycom MTP40: 2.160 Euro (exc. VAT) (AEM online price)

 

Yes, sure. They are all expensive, what's the point?

 

ok. I admit I haven't checked prices in quite some time. So I guess it's not that expensive compared to the other expensive gear. 

Can't wait to try one of these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daniel   

For the features and spec. it seems good value (and cheaper than sennheiser equivalent). I can see OMB shooters and Euro broadcasters going for this - Slot-in RX, TX recorders, remote control. Hope they bring out a mini TX as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daniel said:

For the features and spec. it seems good value (and cheaper than sennheiser equivalent). I can see OMB shooters and Euro broadcasters going for this - Slot-in RX, TX recorders, remote control. Hope they bring out a mini TX as well.

 +1 for mini TX. System looks lovely even without recording capabilities in US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Derek H   

Maybe as a concession prize to the US users who can't get the recording units they could be made to go up to 100mW? Wisy did it with their US model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.9.2017 at 2:40 PM, daniel said:

Hope they bring out a mini TX as well.

 

Oh yes, I hope so too. The tx, to be honest, looks rather large. 

Maybe they could do a version without p48 and so it could be smaller. 

 

Does anyone know, can these slot-in receivers, be dropped into an Octopack as well? I believe Wisy can, so maybe these, too?

If so, I think I would buy a set at first availability...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Constantin said:

 

 

Does anyone know, can these slot-in receivers, be dropped into an Octopack as well? I believe Wisy can, so maybe these, too?

If so, I think I would buy a set at first availability...

 

They should share the same pinout as superslot receivers so audio and power should work in the octopack.  There's a picture of one in a SL6 in the IBC video

https://youtu.be/AIfsZPAT7w4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daniel   
6 hours ago, Constantin said:

 

Oh yes, I hope so too. The tx, to be honest, looks rather large. 

Maybe they could do a version without p48 and so it could be smaller. 

 

Does anyone know, can these slot-in receivers, be dropped into an Octopack as well? I believe Wisy can, so maybe these, too?

If so, I think I would buy a set at first availability...

I think the battery choice is quite significant in reducing size. They can also dump the screen (as they did for 2040 minitx), no need for P48, internalise the antenna connector (or even integrate antenna altogether!). How short a battery life would be acceptable to create the smallest TX? Mipro say they can run their digital TX for 14 hours on 1 ICR18500 (although its not made their TX very small).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bash   
2 minutes ago, Hugh Palmer said:

Anybody able to report the range and usability of the Bluetooth control?

 

It is typical of regular Bluetooth range. I would say circa 10-20 feet when in a room, and a bit less outside. You just need to be 'near' an actor or whoever to make it work.  sb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daniel   
3 hours ago, Bash said:

 

It is typical of regular Bluetooth range. I would say circa 10-20 feet when in a room, and a bit less outside. You just need to be 'near' an actor or whoever to make it work.  sb

 

Simon, is the BT ios/droid app the only way to remote control TX or is remote control possible through the RX? With similar range or better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VAS   
2 hours ago, daniel said:

Simon, is the BT ios/droid app the only way to remote control TX or is remote control possible through the RX? With similar range or better?

 

Not possible through RX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daniel   
1 hour ago, VAS said:

 

Not possible through RX

Thanks Vas. Interesting. Do you know how time code is managed? Ie. Setting several TX to the same TC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bash   

The audio path of the TX needs to 'hear' timecode when it is in jam mode, so... you can make up a jam cable from your TC Op to the 3 pin mic plug connector for the A10 Tx, or you can play TC through your headphones and put the Tx mic near them. That said - I believe that the RTC now fitted holds TC for circa 2 days with no batteries in the Tx (super capacitor I guess). I am not sure of the accuracy of this though. sb

 

 

8 hours ago, daniel said:

Thanks Vas. Interesting. Do you know how time code is managed? Ie. Setting several TX to the same TC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×