Next wireless set ?

Neal Willaert

Hi friends,

For my next bag-upgrade i'm looking for a dual-receiver for my SD633 in a OR32 bag. 

Right now, i'm running 2x Sennheiser EW100 sets  (upgraded with 2 SMa antennas) to inputs 2&3, but i would like a dual receiver for TA3 Line inputs 4&5. 

I'm doubting between wiseycom, zaxcom (i like the QRX235 with zaxnet for gaining the transmitters) or lectrosonics... Can you guys give me some pro's and con's of certain systems ? Bad or good experience ? Recommendations ? 

Also, I'm powering my 633 from a NP1 with hawk-woods adapter with multiple hirose-connectors, the sennheiser systems with AA-batteries. in case this information is needed. 

Thanks in advance ! Cheers 

Have you been reading around here a bit? There are several threads answering your question here already, a lot of them recent enough to include newer systems. Invariably, these threads also seem to turn sour after some time, so maybe you check out those topics first

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

Have you been reading around here a bit? There are several threads answering your question here already, a lot of them recent enough to include newer systems. Invariably, these threads also seem to turn sour after some time, so maybe you check out those topics first

I will ! 

1 minute ago, Jack Norflus said:

The zaxcom will give you wide band, never clip, internal recording with time code, wireless remote control (input gain, frequency, output power level, sleep mode, recorder transport).

Yes, this system is getting my attention more & more. But that's only for the QRX235 or QRX300, right ? 

It seems a tad disrespectful to walk up to a working professional -- someone you don't even know yet -- and saying, "I'm new at this, tell me everything I need to know about wireless."

Like Constantin addressed, do your homework first.  

Then, ask a specific question or two.

The world doesn't owe you knowledge, you need to seek it.  There are many of us here who generosity share much of what we've learned, but respect given is respect received.

5 hours ago, John Blankenship said:

It seems a tad disrespectful to walk up to a working professional -- someone you don't even know yet -- and saying, "I'm new at this, tell me everything I need to know about wireless."

Like Constantin addressed, do your homework first.  

Then, ask a specific question or two.

The world doesn't owe you knowledge, you need to seek it.  There are many of us here who generosity share much of what we've learned, but respect given is respect received.

Hi John, i'm not asking for everything there is to know about wireless. I've been comparing the different systems through different websites, i've done some research allready, but i was trying find more personal experience with these systems from more experienced mixers... Anyway, no disrespect. 

3 minutes ago, Neal Willaert said:

Yes, this system is getting my attention more & more. But that's only for the QRX235 or QRX300, right ? 

You should stick with the 200 series receivers  (QRX200, QRX235)

The 235 has the option for a built in Zaxnet transmitter - but if you went with the wideband 200 you can use a standalone Zaxnet transmitter like the ifb200 or cameralink with Zaxnet TRX900CL.

1 minute ago, Jack Norflus said:

You should stick with the 200 series receivers  (QRX200, QRX235)

The 235 has the option for a built in Zaxnet transmitter - but if you went with the wideband 200 you can use a standalone Zaxnet transmitter like the ifb200 or cameralink with Zaxnet TRX900CL.

Thank you very much for this information Jack ! 

I was in the same scenario these past few months and chose Zaxcom. I bought the QRX235 with IFB upgrade, a TRXLA3.5 and a ZMT3.5. I also snagged 2 ERX's for client monitor/scratch audio to camera. It's too early on for me to report about the range and workflow, but so far I'm enjoying the units.

Hi Neal,

Go to Audiosense and see the products from first hand. The guys from Audiosense, will guide and help you, to choose the right tool for your needs. I don't think they have Wisycom, but Zaxcom and Lectrosonics, it's on the list. If you like to check the Audio Ltd, contact Wolec Electronics, it's the official distributor; maybe they can show you the digital line (1010 Series).

It's not easy choice. Good luck and let us know what system worked for you!

1 minute ago, VAS said:

Hi Neal,

Go to Audiosense and see the products from first hand. The guys from Audiosense, will guide and help you, to choose the right tool for your needs. I don't think they have Wisycom, but Zaxcom and Lectrosonics, it's on the list. If you like to check the Audio Ltd, contact Wolec Electronics, it's the official distributor; maybe they can show you the digital line (1010 Series).

It's not easy choice. Good luck and let us know what system worked for you!

Hi Vas, thanks for the information ! I go to audiosense on the regular, but never heard from Wolec Electronics so that might be good for checking out the audio Ltd. :-) 

On 5/4/2017 at 9:14 PM, Neal Willaert said:

Hi friends,

For my next bag-upgrade i'm looking for a dual-receiver for my SD633 in a OR32 bag. 

Right now, i'm running 2x Sennheiser EW100 sets  (upgraded with 2 SMa antennas) to inputs 2&3, but i would like a dual receiver for TA3 Line inputs 4&5. 

I'm doubting between wiseycom, zaxcom (i like the QRX235 with zaxnet for gaining the transmitters) or lectrosonics... Can you guys give me some pro's and con's of certain systems ? Bad or good experience ? Recommendations ? 

Well snap, I'm thinking about a pretty similar situation to you. Which dual receiver option and transmitters to go with. 

Probably will try and go with a secondhand Lectrosonics SRb with 2x Lectrosonics SMa (or SMQV or SMV. Or LT?? Or SSM?), but really trying to do my research to the max before laying out all this cash. So considering other options such as perhaps based around a Zaxcom QRX100 (maybe with 2x TRX900LA) instead. 

As a side note, I don't see a reason anymore to buy a one-battery transmitter. If you want a small tx you for the SSM/ZMT type tx. If you want a really long battery life you go for the one with the two batteries. Especially true in Europe where they all can only have 50mW max.

On 6 mei 2017 at 6:17 AM, IronFilm said:

Well snap, I'm thinking about a pretty similar situation to you. Which dual receiver option and transmitters to go with. 

Probably will try and go with a secondhand Lectrosonics SRb with 2x Lectrosonics SMa (or SMQV or SMV. Or LT?? Or SSM?), but really trying to do my research to the max before laying out all this cash. So considering other options such as perhaps based around a Zaxcom QRX100 (maybe with 2x TRX900LA) instead. 

Good idea! The zaxnet options on the QRX235 caught my attention, but i'm reading more & more about the reliability of the lectro SR-series though...