NAB party- lost bag of equipment. * FOUND *

Jim Feeley

Hey everyone, looks like in the typical NAB haze/frenzy, a bag with a couple microphones and cables got lost. This bag and the equipment in it belongs to our generous hosts at SATAY. The bag is green/black and was last seen near the PA speakers.

If you've seen or accidentally grabbed the bag, please please please send me or Jeff a private direct message and we'll figure out how to get the bag and equipment back to the good people SATAY. No questions asked, anonymity preserved, and all that.

Thanks! 

That's generous of you, Eric. And to those of you who contacted me offline. And Larry, thanks for looking into this but as you might expect, I learned about this from Kathy Baca at Lectro and she's got that side of things under control.

I vote we sit tight for a day and see if the missing equipment turns up. It really might just be crammed in some box somewhere... And if it doesn't turn up, then we'll figure out the best process to make sure SATAY gets their equipment back or replaced.

But for a number of reasons, I hope they get it back. 

FWIW what I remember from that night is that I set up their Bose L1 Compact speaker array in about the center of the room along the wall facing the street, and used one of our SR receivers with a rechargeable battery to feed the speaker (from an HH transmitter). We borrowed an extension cable from the staff. The staff at Satay then offered the use of their microphone and cable, and I think it was a black & green bag that the guy was holding. This was while we were setting up. We let them know that we didn't need it as we were covered with our own equipment. I think they took it away at that point and I wonder if they misplaced it? There was a lot going on. I don't remember their bag with the microphone & cable being near the Bose speaker at the end of the night when I grabbed our receiver and XLR adapter cable during pack up.

Kathy Baca just received this note from the Satay staff:

Hi Kathy,

You're such a sweetheart!  I was just going to email you this but you beat me to it!

Yes!  My staff found the bag this morning sitting outside our patio-- tucked away under a stack of chairs (OMG!)  

• Jeff Wexler changed the title to NAB party- lost bag of equipment. * FOUND *