Maxx File Transfer strange behavior

absound

Hi,

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.  I have a question regarding a file that is playing back a close to double speed.

This was first noticed after it was transferred from the Maxx after a job along with all the WAV files as I normally do.  

After noticing the problem, which occurred on only the last file of many recorded that day, I re-transferred that file from the MARF thinking it was a simple transfer error.  But the version converted from the MARF via Zaxconvert has the same double speed issue.  

Now I have played the same file in the Maxx and it is also a double speed.  Obviously this is not how it sounded while I was rolling.  

Luckily for me, I was also feeding two cameras so no audio was lost but it is nevertheless quite disconcerting.

I know I can experiment with changing the speed to closely match the original normal speed of the other files but I am really wondering what may have caused this and how to avoid it in the future.  This has never occurred before on either the Maxx or Nomad and it did not occur with any other files from the same day folder.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Adriano

I've had the same issue once before. Did you power down/ power up your Maxx before recording the final file?

My Maxx was fine and then was powered up after lunch. And all the files were recorded at a crazy wrong sample rate (obviously it sounded fine as while monitoring the recordings)... like 42k.   But I had multiple backups as well (using my TRXs). I was going digitally out to my CL900 and it auto converted it to 48k. But was strange.... 

I talked with Howy at Zaxcom it just seemed like the Maxx clock just didn't boot up to the correct speed...

I've used the machine with the same card since then and it's been fine