simmiz

Noisy R1a?

14 posts in this topic

Hello fellow soundies,

I just bought lectrosonics R1a's and I find them very noisy, hissy. Has anyone encountered this issue? Mine are pretty new and the three of them has the exact same noise. Has anyone encountered this?
Thanks !

Hello fellow soundies,
I just bought lectrosonics R1a's and I find them very noisy, hissy. Has anyone encountered this issue? Mine are pretty new and the three of them has the exact same noise. Has anyone encountered this?
Thanks !

I have to admit that I've tried multiple sets and they all have a ridiculous noise floor. Kind of surprising.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have to admit that I've tried multiple sets and they all have a ridiculous noise floor. Kind of surprising.

One mixer I know uses a 411 with a headphone amp. Very bulky but sounds incredible.

How high is the volume turned up? They do have some noise. Much more than an ordinary receiver, of course. Make sure the level on the transmitter is set high and the receivers are set low.

Yes when I was evaluating, I noticed how noisy they were and as I needed 15 , I went with lower cost comteks, which while are lower fidelity I've never had a complaint

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even with volume at zero, next to turning it off there is a significant noise floor. Only solution I found so far is higher impedance HP. Tx is at a proper gain structure!

How high is the volume turned up? They do have some noise. Much more than an ordinary receiver, of course. Make sure the level on the transmitter is set high and the receivers are set low.

Yeah, I guess make sure the transmitter is in IFB mode but I'm not sure what that does exactly.

1 minute ago, BAB414 said:

Yeah, I guess make sure the transmitter is in IFB mode but I'm not sure what that does exactly.

It is!.. 

I have both 216 Comteks and R1A Lectros, the latter using an old UM400 (non-a) TX.  They are about the same noise wise but given the same headphones the audio quality of the R1a is dramatically better.

High noise floor is kinda normal.
And kinda surprising considering.

The noise floor is my only complaint about the R1A.  I find it a bit tiring when listening to all day.  Otherwise they are fantastic.

I hate the high noise floor of the R1A. If you're working as a boom or utility and need to have it in your ear all day it is tiring. 

I always find the peaks or sudden sharp loud sounds to be extra piercing through the R1a. Limiter circuit would be great. 

To to be honest I don't notice a huge sound quality difference between wide channel Comteks and the R1a. 

21 hours ago, BAB414 said:

I was surprised at first too, but a system over a decade old is going to be noisy. That's why im begrudgingly with sennheiser iem's.  

But after listening to the pristine Lectro duet iems, it's obvious they have the means to upgrade their ifbs.   Maybe it's simply a matter of a lack of consumer motivation?

G3 IEMs are really pretty nice, not much to begrudge. Much better sound quality than Lectro IFB mode, headphone limiter. Nice LCD screen for setup and troubleshooting. 

I own 4 of them and they're great. 

I run a sk2000 /g3 iem for boom sounds pretty good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk