Audio on Alien: Covenent - behind the scenes

Kelly Dodds

Not comprehensive, but a glimpse at Ben Osmo's rig on the Alien: Covenent movie.  Interesting that Ridley Scott is asking him to play creature sounds on set to help the actors emote.

https://kellyonatangent.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/behind-the-scenes-the-sounds-on-set-of-alien-covenant-tested/

I spotted Sound Devices, HME Intercoms, Ambient timecode, and I think a Cinela windscreen.

On 25 May 2017 at 9:11 PM, Kelly Dodds said:

Not comprehensive, but a glimpse at Ben Osmo's rig on the Alien: Covenent movie.  Interesting that Ridley Scott is asking him to play creature sounds on set to help the actors emote.

The astonishing part of this request was that Ben was able to fulfil the request virtually immediately not the following day.

Amazing - I always carry a little battery speaker and big AC speaker - But I don't really have a collection of sound effects. I have downloaded things very quickly and had various bits of music and effects available, but wouldn't work in the middle of nowhere. Time to up my game!

Really interesting to see what it takes to work on a Ridley Scott film. Always been a fan of RS and watch all the BTS on the DVD's just to hear the story's. But they rarely talk about sound so this was truly a treat. Ben Osmo sure sets an impressive standard and it's kind of mind boggling to break down all the skills/aptitudes needed to succeed at his level.