onset steam

cjh

Hi, now inside with no wind machines but set has steam vents, these seem to me to be noisier than they need to be with each outlet being run from a separate small handbag type unit with a gun and trigger used to set level of output (via cable tie on the trigger so not very hi tech and adjustments always vary etc)

Putting a small length of hose on the end of the gun nozzle gets the frequency and level of hiss down but I'm sure there must be quieter ways to create steam onset? we also get a lot of "spitting" on some of the rigs as vapour turns to water and runs back down the pipe.

Any insight on other techniques much appreciated, losing CU dialogue to hissy steam vents, aarrrgh.

Note these are not high pressure steam outlets, more the steam wafting out of drains kind of thing or being used to simulate small onset smoke fx without having to use smoke, food stall cookers etc.

Thank you!

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Sadly cannot offer suggestions as I have not experienced this particular problem.

I suggest you set up a meeting with SPFX supervisor and PM or Producer.

As you would realise, this prompts awareness and stops you getting "blamed"

Cheers

mike