Maximum discharge protection?

alenK

Hello, I am thinking about power supply distribution etc. and considering how the popular distribution splitter boxes use 6 Amp Polyfuse Thermistor overload protection.

I was curious to learn what the overload spec on the batteries I use.

I looked up some specs.

IDX NP-L7S 14.4V Lithium-Ion NP-1 Battery (68Wh) : Maximum Discharge Current = 4.8A/53W with Battery Protection: Over charge, Over discharge, Over current, Temperature.

Sony BP-GL65 14.4V Lithium-Ion V-Mount Battery (65Wh) = could not find any information at Sony Pro

I previously owned a camera system and when its technology was rendered worthless the V-mount batteries retained good value so I have been using them as the primary power in my bag kits.

Does anyone know what the maximum discharge current for the Sony BP-GL65 14.4V Lithium-Ion V-Mount Battery (65Wh) is? I can not find a published specification.

Thank you.

the sony manual says that discharge over 2A can result in degrading the battery over time, and that at a peak current of 10A it will trip the internal fuse to prevent damage:

https://www.sony.de/pro/support/attachment/1237485697471/1237485596017/operationmanual.pdf?token=zwDagU0F_nA0YDYylwwswcudX5ixl3CYHgiCYaqOHIO_WaVVm6SLJsQ9XcvgxhiN6AOY9x7ZDJATF_zVmlY3EmQgdxeWUSTUnOv7MX78uvhTS3oZ