Is there anything like Metacorder or BoomRecorder but for Windows or Linux?

On 10/21/2017 at 10:19 AM, GalleryUK said:

Talking of a purpose built tool like Metacorder..........

Gallery has recently completely overhauled its website and webstore, and to celebrate, there is an *incredible* special offer on Metacorder for a limited period.   Down from the US$1795 price it has been since launch, you can now buy the same MetaCorder product for just £249 pounds sterling. Thats a more than 80% discount !

Compatible with macOS versions from 10.6 to 10.13 High Sierra, Dante, Ravenna and all Core Audio interfaces.  
MetaCorder is the original and best production sound recorder for laptops and Mac Minis.

If you don't yet own MetaCorder - now is the time to claim your copy at this super low special offer price.

MetaCorder at the Gallery Website

New Gallery Website

Gallery Secure WebStore (hosted by NDI.Cloud)

...this is a post from the maker of Metacorder, ie self-promotion, right?

I used Metacorder a great deal back in the 2000's, and not since (re: Boom Recorder and JoeCo etc).  Is anyone here still using Metacorder?

• 2 weeks later...

Moved on from Metacorder after 11 years of use in mid 2016. 

Yes, blantant self promotion about software that hasn't had any serious upgrades in 10 years. Despite the fastest metadata entry available even in 2017 and a slick one button false start routine, the absence of any development has resulted in Metacorder slipping well behind the hardware competition. 

On 11/16/2017 at 5:48 PM, davidm said:

....software that hasn't had any serious upgrades in 10 years.

Ouch!

On 11/16/2017 at 5:48 PM, davidm said:

the absence of any development has resulted in Metacorder slipping well behind the hardware competition. 

What did you move on to instead last year?

By the way, I'd seen some of your posts before about using it, when I was researching this out of curiosity, and because you are local to me I had wondered if you were still using it? (but I'd guessed not, because Id also seen you'd put a license up for sale)

• 8 months later...