Henchman

Need 3 wirless mics

Henchman   

So, we are in the middle of our Fringe Festival run of "London Calling ". I bought 12 channels of gtd audio UHF wirless mics. It's working fine for most of the 12 man cast. Except I have 3 actors who simply do not project.

So, I need to find 3, better, wireless mics for Friday an d Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. 

Who would have the best rental on this here in LA.

IronFilm   

If they are talking too quiet, then getting the mic closer will help a lot. As it is for a live festival performance, could you get away using a Countryman E6 (or even H6?), or does it have to be more discrete than that?

If possible consider headworn mics (cardioid), such as the DPA 4088. Closest possible to mouth and will make no problems in live situations. But of course they are visible.

engaudio   

you have a projection problem,  not a mic problem.  it's common.. I grew up in a theater environment and know the difference. 

9 hours ago, Henchman said:

So, we are in the middle of our Fringe Festival run of "London Calling ". I bought 12 channels of gtd audio UHF wirless mics. It's working fine for most of the 12 man cast. Except I have 3 actors who simply do not project.

So, I need to find 3, better, wireless mics for Friday an d Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. 

Who would have the best rental on this here in LA.

Very off topic and in the when you have time category.  What do you think of the build and sound quality of that brand of wireless and are you using their stock lav?  I have a simple audio only traveling show that I need to outfit and this gear is incredibly inexpensive.   I could buy instead of rent at those prices.

Yullover   

Place your mic closer or increase gain in the transmitter, yes more ambiant noise but you get more clear voice. 

Henchman   
9 minutes ago, Yullover said:

Place your mic closer or increase gain in the transmitter, yes more ambiant noise but you get more clear voice. 

Done both.

4 hours ago, berniebeaudry said:

Very off topic and in the when you have time category.  What do you think of the build and sound quality of that brand of wireless and are you using their stock lav?  I have a simple audio only traveling show that I need to outfit and this gear is incredibly inexpensive.   I could buy instead of rent at those prices.

They've actually worked very well. It's the lav mics that just arent very good. 

You could buy it and replace the mics, and still be way less out of pocket. Than buyng something way more expensive. 

5 hours ago, Henchman said:

Done both.

You could buy it and replace the mics, and still be way less out of pocket. Than buyng something way more expensive. 

Good to know!  Thanks for the response!

6 hours ago, Henchman said:

Holy Crap those are inexpensive! 

https://gtdaudio.net/uhf-mic.html

Not sure which model you ordered, but this looks typical of their prices:

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 7.29.03 PM.png

IronFilm   

Get OST to make you up one!

Although given how low budget those wireless are.... maybe rewire an Aspen Mic one instead?

Yes, the (made in USA)  OST 801 or 802 are decent sounding for around $120 w/plug (identical shape & size of a Tram). The 4mm round TL40 has a flatter response for slightly less as I recall.

BTW, what connector do those mics use? The posted specs are pretty minimal.

Henchman   
4 hours ago, Rick Reineke said:

Yes, the (made in USA)  OST 801 or 802 are decent sounding for around $120 w/plug (identical shape & size of a Tram). The 4mm round TL40 has a flatter response for slightly less as I recall.

BTW, what connector do those mics use? The posted specs are pretty minimal.

TA3

4 hours ago, Constantin said:

Do you consider that relevant?
I'm just asking out of curiosity

Just for general info and to clarify it's not a 'made in China' POS.

What's the FCC-ID on those wireless?   - I sure can't find it on the FCC website.  Their website does, in fact, tout their factory in China - and their operational frequency (610-680) does NOT comply with the new regulations based on their published information  (608-614 is off limits to wireless mics)

About Us

GTD Audio Inc, is a professional audio equipment manufacturer. We have been designing, manufacturing, and marketing audio equipment since 1990. we are headquarter in the U.S.A and have our own manufacturing plant in China. we assure and provide high quality products to our clients at the most competitive prices.

Edited by Gordonmoore1
clarification - added the word wireless

Henchman   
1 hour ago, Gordonmoore1 said:

What's the FCC-ID on those wireless?   - I sure can't find it on the FCC website.  Their website does, in fact, tout their factory in China - and their operational frequency (610-680) does NOT comply with the new regulations based on their published information  (608-614 is off limits to wireless mics)

About Us

GTD Audio Inc, is a professional audio equipment manufacturer. We have been designing, manufacturing, and marketing audio equipment since 1990. we are headquarter in the U.S.A and have our own manufacturing plant in China. we assure and provide high quality products to our clients at the most competitive prices.

there are 9 different bands according to the manual

30mw:

518-542

572-596

620-670

718-769

20mw

794-806

770-820

10mw

838-865

925-932

740-752

karlw   

Of the bands you list from their manual, the only ones that are legal for operation in the US (assuming those units have FCC type approval) are:

518-542

572-596

620-670

And the 620-670 is going away.   and that FCC-ID number is .......... ?? It should be on a label on either transmitter or receiver.  Generally a 6 character alphanumeric - the Label will also have the frequency range

That does not make any deference w/ made in China products I guess...  despite the US 'home' office.

The 600mHz band is currently legal.. but not for long.