Cart building day!!!

thope

6 hours ago, thope said:

The handle is the width of the trolley. Here it is in position for a sense of perspective.

I assume Matt meant how far BACK the handle would stick out (assuming it was attached to the back that is, not the top as in the pic, which may or may not be your intention) - so that it would rest vertically with its back to a fastenable surface (in a van) or be more or less level if rested/transported with its back to a floor.

Jez

Oh yeah, makes sense! For me the cart travels split in half. I have a slide out shelf in my ute and it's really simple to split it in half and lift them in. That's what the red scooter wheels on the side are for

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Beautiful cart!  My big cart is a very similar style and has been wonderful to work on.  I also inset the wheels (16") and have had no stability issues.  It keeps the working width of the cart as wide as possible while easily fitting through small doorways.  It took me a few iterations to find the right balance/tipping point, but once I did it wheels through terrain and up stairs quite easily.

Great work.

Wandering ear I saw your cart on here and copied your patch bay! 30f0e58e06978ae7fe5252d5d631de21.jpg

Is this yours? If so , how did you print the wording on the coloured neutrik surround

I finally managed to get the gear in there today

4f63278e459594763704777763dad56f.jpg

4e4504e4e52d7c3681feff6049505893.jpg

76309ef0c79f3468cf72d89af6abafae.jpg

Yeah!  That's my cart.  I have since upgraded those 12" wheels to 16" wheels, and I change things around every 6 months, or make sweeping changes for specific jobs, like adding an 01V96 and a 24 track Boom Recorder / Pro Tools setup, then back to a normal dialog system, but the basic structure is the same.  I really love how quickly and easily I can make major changes to the cart in between jobs.

The printed labels are made by Redco Audio.

http://www.redco.com/Redco-DP-LABEL.html

Worth the $2 IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

The big wheels are perfect. Especially on movie sets where large diameter cable are obstacles. Larger swivel wheels up front would've been ideal. Less lifting. Though it does look pretty light as it is. Lovely build. Simply lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thope said:

Thank you sir! Been a labour for love for sure

I would like to put your cart images up in the Gallery of Sound Carts and I would like to put your name to it --- I realize I don't actually know your real name and I do not want to put "thope" as the person who built this beautiful cart!

• 4 weeks later...
On 16 August 2017 at 10:22 AM, thope said:

Hi vale,

Cheers. The front cover is held with Velcro and the handle helps to pull it off

I like the simplicity of a front covering that simply pulls off. I wonder if 4 small magnets, on or near the corners, might do a similar trick? Assuming the frame is aluminium and there's nothing too magnetic in the immediate vicinity, one could have four 'fix' magnets on the front and similar either below or somehow to the side slightly extruded (etc) to pop the cover when in use. Jez

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I was just wondering the same thing. It appears that the axle is somehow mounted to the end of a t-slot bar. Are you using a single long axle through the whole bar or individual axle bolts? Did you have a custom piece machined to hold the axles?

I guess I’m wondering in general how people who have built their own cart have approached attaching bike wheels like this. I’ve seen a few different approaches.