christt

Playback volumes different in Adobe Audition CC

christt   

Hello All,

When doing a podcast recording in Adobe Audition CC, the volume and fidelity sounds different thru the headphones but the export sounds good.

The set up is two condenser mics going thru a preamp, a compressor, to Audition, Headphones amp output.

When talking and listening thru the headphones both mics sound good, but when the recording stops and do the playback  one mic sounds good, and the other sound distant/faint.  One mic is assign as a left channel and the other as a right channel merged into a stereo file in Audition. The mic with the faint/distant sound is the right channel one.

But the export sounds good,  no distant/faint.

I already checked all the hardware and it's all in good condition, the settings has not been messed with since initial setup ( there's been multiple podcast recording before with no issues ).

Never experienced such situation and wonder what the problem could be.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Maybe there's a track effect somewhere? On the recording track or the master track.

Also in my practice I prefer to record vocals, voice overs and ADR in mono. So if using two condenser mics, I'll be recording to two mono tracks.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

ronmac   

I agree, there must be an effect on the right track causing the reduction. Can you post a ses file of the project so that we can see what is being loaded?

Some DAWs and NLE are set by default to add an FX audio chain. Vegas Pro does this for instance (Comp, Gate & Reverb as I recall).. don't know about AA, but the defaults can changed or eliminated.  If you can post a sample of the actual file someplace, we can check it out.