ZMT wet weather sleeve.

Nate C

In anticipation of a ZMT phantom arriving in my grubby mits this week, I'm creating a relatively simple sleeve to protect the ZMT PH from the elements. I'm very much at the design stage, which means last night I woke up half a dozen times with what ifs and brilliant plans.

Tac'd up a mock up today and the concept should work. 

Concept is a sleeve made from kite material (100% water proof), each opening sealed with velcro. Seam sealer on all stitching. Toying with putting a mesh pocket inside to hold a small desiccant bag and adding one or two elastic straps with toggles to tighten the whole sleeve up to avoid any rustling from the material in wind. I don't intend to put a window in to see the screen of the ZMT for a couple of reasons. It's a total PITA to sew on my domestic sewing machine, adds more risk to the elements getting in and once the ZMT PH is set up I really don't need to see the screen, all the important info I can see from my QRX.

My main concerns are:

The material can be noisy. Think cheap rain jackets. Tension should help that.

The velcro openings/seals are never going to be totally water proof but a bit of tape can help alleviate that. 

I would love to see photos of how people already using the ZMT PH have them mounted. More specifically how your cables are routed as this is the biggest danger zone in regards to water. Also which way do you have the antenna facing. The four Sound Guys Solutions mounts i brought have the antennas facing up toward the mic. Easily changed.

Any suggestions are appreciated and hopefully I'll have one sewn up next week. 

Thanks Ramallo, the ambient is a good option. I already own the QWB and UMP2 although they haven't been used for years. Alas I don't have the qwb-re. 

My idea was to have a cover that just went over TX, for ease of use, quick deployment and so the pole can fully collapse. That couple of extra inches can be a nuisance wheeling the cart with a pole on it under KD's (Wet weather/shade tents generally used here.)

That and I kind of enjoy designing, sewing, realising I've made mistakes and trying again. Trying to create something that works best for me, not interested in lending my hand to manufacturing.

If I can't make it work I'll be ordering the ambient qwb-re.

Cheers Nate.