Frequency Coordination

SeanMAC

Using pre programmed banks / blocks (Sennheiser G3, 2000), using calculation software SIFM (for Sennheiser 5000 series), just leaving recommended space between freqs (digital systems like Sony DWX and Sennheiser 6000/9000).

If there are different systems in use I try to seperate them as far away from each other as possible, e.g. Sony 470-478 MHz, Sennheiser 5000 582-596 MHz and G3 658-666, depending on the local freq. availability. Works best for me.

I am constantly running 6-9 Lectro wireless freqs, comtek 216 (and sometimes G3 IEMs) and Zaxnet in different cities across the country (and sometimes globally). What I've grown accustomed to is a mix between receiver scans, Lectro grouping and the FreqFinder app - spending at least an hour in each new city - to find the sweet spot of effective coordination. But, as with all wireless, sometimes even the best efforts yield poor results, because, voodoo. 

Cheers,

Evan

A comprehensive program like IAS generally makes coordination quick and painless. It does cost $500, however. IMO it pays for itself in time and by the elimination of frustration, though. The program includes most makes & model ranges of the wireless you own or will encounter. I use this software almost daily to either do my own coordinations or assist others with theirs. 

A less expensive app for this purpose is Freq. Finder, and I know a lot of people use it as well. While not as comprehensive as AES, FF works on a mobile device and is easy to use.