Tablet running Wireless Designer

ryanpeds

Was wondering if anyone is running Wireless Designer on a tablet with any success. Just bought a Venue 2 and want to utilize the software aspects but wanted to see if anyone was using a tablet before I buy one and test it. Hoping to only have to buy one and not go through a few tablets before finding one that works well.

I have been running a low cost Windows 10 tablet (Linx 1010B 10.1 inch - Intel Atom Z3735F Quad Core) for about a year for use with Wireless Designer and a Wideband Venue along with running Ambient’s ACN network. I purchased the Linx 1010 as it has 2 standard USB ports plus a micro USB port for charging. I use one USB port for connection to the Venue and the other for other uses such as a SD card reader or connecting to my Cantar X3 via a network adapter. 

Wireless Designer works fine for me but it’s more a remote viewer rather than a control for the Venue.  The lowish resolution screen and the vague touch screen response doesn’t really translate into an elegant and versatile computing experience. Perhaps a Microsoft tablet would be preferable and I’d consider that as an option if the Linx tablet died. 

Thanks for your response we David. I've thought about trying out one of the mid range HP Spectre X2 tablets with it. It's a closer version to the surface pros from Microsoft but a little cheaper. I could also use it for ACN and lockit control. I'm glad you mentioned that. 

I power my tablet from a 12 volt to USB power adapter which has 4 outputs for charging other stuff as well. However, this all has to be powered via a DC-DC converter to run it off my cart power to prevent computer garbage noise from getting into the audio system.