...any rumors about one mini zaxcom like SD mix pre?

stefanosound

Yep I think it's the lower price different market idea that the original poster was referring to. The 633 is also small and capable! J

And Ramallo, being another Soundfield owner, I think that EVERY professional 4+ track recorder should have an ambisonic hp matrix (iso selective) built in ... for a Mix Pre, potential Minimaxx, etc, I'm not so bothered, but the higher priced stuff ought to take notice, and if the lower priced stuff decides to implement what doesn't exist in said high price stuff then damn good sir you have my support!

Sign off if not bedtime now, for Betjemenland is just starting on the telly!

23 hours ago, The Immoral Mr Teas said:

And Ramallo, being another Soundfield owner, I think that EVERY professional 4+ track recorder should have an ambisonic hp matrix (iso selective) built in ... for a Mix Pre, potential Minimaxx, etc, I'm not so bothered, but the higher priced stuff ought to take notice, and if the lower priced stuff decides to implement what doesn't exist in said high price stuff then damn good sir you have my support!

The Maxx and the Nomad must had to have a Ambisonic A and B decoder since the beginning, But, I'm already bored to ask about this (I have a 2012 email from Glenn that he said me that the ambisonic option will happen soon).

On 15/8/2017 at 1:24 AM, chrismedr said:

well, it's nearly twice the volume, over twice the weight, and three times the price of a SD MixPre.

it also is targeted at a different user, but I can understand why some people would like to see a mini-maxx.

chris

IMMO the Maxx is tiny for a 8 track professional machine (I had the F8 and and don't seen any advantage over the Maxx "size matters"), but, also Zaxcom have the ZFR series. 

Best

Suso

Ok can we be real here, Maxx does not have zaxnet... it has a zaxnet control function menu page [emoji849]

I edited my original post, ill say it again here:

Why doesnt Maxx have zaxnet, *TRANSMITTER*

*that sends timecode and mono audio*

🤦🏻‍♂️

It cant be only me (nomad owner) who is stuck on this.

I agree, It makes no sense to have a built in Transmitter and a IFB100/200. The option that made the most sence to me was a max with a CL900. So I could have both the UHF Stereo Transmitter and a Zaxnet Transmitter in 1 unit...

It would make more sence to have the on board transmitter be a 2 channel reciever. 

But with all that said the Maxx and the Camera Link are a great combo.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:59 AM, fieldmixer said:

Ok can we be real here, Maxx does not have zaxnet... it has a zaxnet control function menu page emoji849.png

I edited my original post, ill say it again here:

Why doesnt Maxx have zaxnet, *TRANSMITTER*

*that sends timecode and mono audio*

🤦🏻‍♂️

It cant be only me (nomad owner) who is stuck on this.

Seeing as how drastically less I am being asked to do a two channel mix to camera as compared to sending a mono GT to cam, Zaxnet TX would be by far the logical choice for me.  Maybe if it was an option to install either a UHF or Zaxnet TX. 

Been using my Nomad all week (I really should use it more often) and being able to quickly route and reroute Zaxnet signal through the Nomads internal Bus has been a godsend.