Lectrosonics SMWB coming soon?

Matthew Steel

17 minutes ago, Freeheel said:

Hi Glenn

My standards are a little more stringent than a waterproofed, well padded and careful placement on a football player.

My Lectro MM400's have been put on surfers, kayakers, sky divers, and fallen 90 feet out of trees onto rocks. They are 10 years old and have never failed.  They are like little armoured tanks.

If I dropped one into a bucket of sea water and threw it at a concrete wall, it would likely survive just fine.  

My TRX LA2's, I keep in a cloth protective bag so their plastic won't get scratched.  And I know exactly how long they would last if dropped in salt water.  

So, I'd rather not argue with you about how durable Zax transmitters are.  I would make a polite request for you to design one that can compete physically with a Lectro Tx- after all, the recording function is most useful when the subject is out of radio range- like those surfers, kayakers, and sky divers often were.  If Zaxcom is going to be the only company with a recording wireless, it would be great if you guys made one that's up to the challenge of the conditions where it's recording functions are most needed.   

Cheers,

Brent Calkin 

You forgot the mic drop... lol

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Good ideas Constantin/Philip, except..... Zaxcom lawyers once again get in the way of that!!

That is why the Tascam DR10C can't be sold in the USA, and instead they sell the Tascam DR10L (which lacks the output option on it). 

Buy them from Pinknoise in the UK then.  They are happy to ship.

Larry,

I received the package a few days ago and I just have to say again how blown away I am by how classy and amazing Lectro is. I want to thank you and the rest of the crew over there for the kindness and the awesome products. I'll be purchasing 2 of the new transmitters for my next big job.

Best,

Ben

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2017 at 7:50 PM, LarryF said:

It is tumbleweed season in New Mexico. Cool crisp weather and autumn breezes keep those tumbleweeds rolling along.

tumbleweed-roadkill_LRG.jpg

One of the reasons to visit US. Watching these to rolling and doing nothing. Yeah, I am weird. Haha

14 hours ago, afewmoreyears said:

Larry,

What is the first SMWB unit off the production line ser #...  is it :

1) 1

2) 100

3)101

Do you know... ?

Thank you..

I got 120.

I wish it was easier to control gain. The two button freq is less worthwhile to me. Using that to control gain makes much more sense.

15 hours ago, afewmoreyears said:

Larry,

What is the first SMWB unit off the production line ser #...  is it :

1) 1

2) 100

3)101

Do you know... ?

Thank you..

From Wes, the production manager:

Hi Larry,

The first production serial number for SMWB is 101.

Wes

1 hour ago, LarryF said:

From Wes, the production manager:

Hi Larry,

The first production serial number for SMWB is 101.

Wes

Well... thats me..... Ser # 101....  Is there a prize??   Is there at least a lifetime warranty...LOL..  

Thank you for being nice enough to ask for me... I tried, but nobody knew..

1 hour ago, afewmoreyears said:

Well... thats me..... Ser # 101....  Is there a prize??   Is there at least a lifetime warranty...LOL..  

Thank you for being nice enough to ask for me... I tried, but nobody knew..

I tend to agree that you ought to at least get some early adopter swag. For instance, a 20 lb bag of premium guinea pig food sounds appropriate.

In Jest,

Larry F

Humm... Battery life may be better without the transmitting while in recorder mode....  Maybe that is a software fix away from simply working at a later date... (legal issues considered)..

And... on another note, with 2 Black Enloop pro batteries -2450  (about 8 months old) (powered up with mic plugged in)   I got @5 hrs of use until flashing red light..  Seems less than with a standard duel battery SMQv at 100Mw..  Wondering about my soon to arrive single battery units....  Hoping for at least 3 solid hrs use with the rechargeables.

So today I ran a SMDWB (w/DPA Slim pluged in) with 2 x Ikea Ladda 2450's @ 100mw. 

Red light started flashing at 6 hours. 

Complete shutdown at around 7.5 hours.

I did the same with an SMQV with 2 x Amazon High-Capacity's (2300) and got around 8.5 hours until shutdown. 

I wonder if turning off the LED's and putting the BackLight on a 5sec timer would improve things (by default LEDs are on and backlight is always on)

29 minutes ago, Jaymz said:

So today I ran a SMDWB (w/DPA Slim pluged in) with 2 x Ikea Ladda 2450's @ 100mw. 

Red light started flashing at 6 hours. 

Complete shutdown at around 7.5 hours.

I did the same with an SMQV with 2 x Amazon High-Capacity's (2300) and got around 8.5 hours until shutdown. 

I wonder if turning off the LED's and putting the BackLight on a 5sec timer would improve things (by default LEDs are on and backlight is always on)

Those are good numbers... I am running some tests now..my numbers on SMDWB was only 5:11 on New Enloop pros 2450, till shut off... I am putting those Brand New Enloops through a few cycles of charges to get to the bottom of this.

I have a test going now with a SMWB single battery unit, this is all at 100mw by the way.. 

I got 4hr 50 min on the first go round till shut off..