Matthew Steel

Lectrosonics SMWB coming soon?

LarryF   
4 hours ago, Constantin said:

Sure, I can understand that. I love the SSM's (we are legally limited to 50mW here anyway), but sometimes I use the SMDB (SMQV), because I have an actor who I don't want to bother too often (or who I don't want to be bothered by) and these transmitters run all day. Or a complicated costume where the tx is buried...

Very valid reason(s). Don't forget Dweedle tones for buried costumes. Can triple battery run time on SM's and SSM's

Regards,
LarryF

Zack   
On 8/25/2017 at 7:48 PM, manuelchk said:

SSM is wide band and smaller and sounds great and has the 6-7h battery... unless the new "SMQVs" are 100mW or 250m the SSM is a much better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um...more like 5 hour battery which isn't AA, 3 pin lemo, only 50mW, and fixed antenna = no thanks

Um...more like 5 hour battery which isn't AA, 3 pin lemo, only 50mW, and fixed antenna = no thanks

Lighter, smaller, sounds better w/ personalized setup for different lavs, fixed antena but better built and stronger than 50 antenas of my smqv, better battery life than 2 rechargeable AAs for the smqv.

It's just another tool, you keep one tool in your pocket that I will keep two :)

Zack   
51 minutes ago, manuelchk said:

Lighter, smaller, sounds better w/ personalized setup for different lavs, fixed antena but better built and stronger than 50 antenas of my smqv, better battery life than 2 rechargeable AAs for the smqv.

It's just another tool, you keep one tool in your pocket that I will keep two :)

An SMV is about the same size and can be paired with a lith AA for far more than the lith in the ssm. I've never had an antenna break. If they were able to get the power beyond 50mW I might get one again, but now with some new WBTX coming down the line, all looks promising 

On 8/28/2017 at 12:13 AM, alenK said:

Can someone articulate how/what/where the features desired in a SM style dual AA battery wide band 50/100mW transmitter will compare to the current LT L-series dual AA battery wide band 50/100mW transmitters?

What sort of features or differences do you look forward to? 

Thank you.

I think it's mainly form factor - along with better water protection in the SM series of the LT's.

Otherwise I'm not too sure. Can anyone else explain better?