Matthew Steel

Lectrosonics SMWB coming soon?

17 minutes ago, Freeheel said:

Hi Glenn

My standards are a little more stringent than a waterproofed, well padded and careful placement on a football player.

My Lectro MM400's have been put on surfers, kayakers, sky divers, and fallen 90 feet out of trees onto rocks. They are 10 years old and have never failed.  They are like little armoured tanks.

If I dropped one into a bucket of sea water and threw it at a concrete wall, it would likely survive just fine.  

My TRX LA2's, I keep in a cloth protective bag so their plastic won't get scratched.  And I know exactly how long they would last if dropped in salt water.  

So, I'd rather not argue with you about how durable Zax transmitters are.  I would make a polite request for you to design one that can compete physically with a Lectro Tx- after all, the recording function is most useful when the subject is out of radio range- like those surfers, kayakers, and sky divers often were.  If Zaxcom is going to be the only company with a recording wireless, it would be great if you guys made one that's up to the challenge of the conditions where it's recording functions are most needed.   

Cheers,

Brent Calkin 

You forgot the mic drop... lol

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Good ideas Constantin/Philip, except..... Zaxcom lawyers once again get in the way of that!!

That is why the Tascam DR10C can't be sold in the USA, and instead they sell the Tascam DR10L (which lacks the output option on it). 

Buy them from Pinknoise in the UK then.  They are happy to ship.

Larry,

I received the package a few days ago and I just have to say again how blown away I am by how classy and amazing Lectro is. I want to thank you and the rest of the crew over there for the kindness and the awesome products. I'll be purchasing 2 of the new transmitters for my next big job.

Best,

Ben

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk