Cantar Majax?

alenK

Majax 3 1.0.6. beta is a very beta software and can ONLY deal with Cantar X3 generated files. The things it basically does:

• emulate the playback screen of a Cantar X3 on a computer (for X3 gereated files only!!)
  • give some vital information on how the X3 was set up at the time of recording.
  • playback monitoring control tools (very basic compared to what you can do on a real X3).
  • File handling is limited to poly encode mono WAVS recorded on a Cantar X3 (can be done on the X3 in real time)
  • Sound report creation. But it is buggy and less elegant than on the X3 (just one button press there + more layout options).

So if you are confronted with Cantar X3 recordings and dont have an X3 at hand Majax3 still might be useful.

23 hours ago, axel said:

Majax 3 1.0.6. ... can ONLY deal with Cantar X3 generated files.

Thank you for this additional info.

I installed Majax 3 to see if it could be used for general meta data editing use and quickly learned that it would not recognize any of the BWF formatted .wav files I have available for a trial.

I was grateful to be able to learn a little bit about AATON etc., but would not have installed Majax 3 if I had understood the fact that it only worked with Cantar generated X3 files. I learned about Majax through a Google search for BWF metadata editors and wanted to consider its possible use.

Thank you.