Necessities For Every Soundbag

SeanMAC

What do you all think are the necessities of a sound bag? Regardless of mixer brand etc, I'm talking what are the things you carry in your kit that have saved you in a pinch? Cables, attenuators, converters, rubber bands, altoids (true story), whatever it is! What's in your bag of audio solutions?

21 minutes ago, SeanMAC said:

What do you all think are the necessities of a sound bag? Regardless of mixer brand etc, I'm talking what are the things you carry in your kit that have saved you in a pinch? Cables, attenuators, converters, rubber bands, altoids (true story), whatever it is! What's in your bag of audio solutions?

I don't think there is one certain set of stuff which everyone has, each bag is as unique as the person using it. 

In my case, I try to not have anything in there which doesn't absolutely have to be in the bag. So lav, tx, and so on all live in a separate bag or case. I just have the raw gear in there, maybe a spare NP-1, but probably not. I should add, though, that I have maybe one bag day per 30 cart days. 

With regards to Altoids: you make it sound like an unusual/unexpected thing: it's not. I make sure for every person I put a lav on that my breath is always minty fresh. It's common courtesy, but it also helps me ads I don't have to worry about my breath. Same with deodorant, by the way. 

Kit necessities will vary a bit according to the assignment. The one constant in my life has been a Swiss Army knife. I used to carry their "classic" model, a small knife that fits in the watch pocket of jeans and features scissors and a small screwdriver. Recently I've changed to the "Rambler." It's the same length but just a bit fatter to accommodate a functional Phillips-head screwdriver (as well as the other tools). Of course, my kit also includes Leatherman and Gerber folding tools but the little Swiss knife is always in my pocket (unless flying).

David

Altoids! Always!..when I'm at half a can, time to Re-Up. Peppermint only please!. 4- Pack of Li AA's, One Li 9vt, Sisccors, small sewing kit, Decent earbuds, Tums ( I work a bit of Food Shows), Top Stick. Moleskin, Hush Lavs, small black safety pins, twin tip black

Sharpie and a Gerber. These are just a few things I ALWAYS have at an arms reach, just in case I'm away from my mothership for too long.