Suggestions on compact support carts easy to fly with

saadasound

I'm mixing a feature down in the Caribbean, will be by myself, and looking for suggestions on support carts that can be checked on a plane easily and are small and compact... looked at the Zuca all terrain cart, and the layout is perfect for what I'm looking for, but the company doesn't recommend checking the cart at all. 

Any suggestions?

thanks!

Steve

What about one of the bigger "suitcase carts" or whatever they're called, where the whole thing is self contained; the "lids" of the suitcase are the top and bottom shelves, middle supports and wheels live inside suitcase for travel? Or getting production to rent you a cart at your destination, if such things are available? I've done two travel shoots (Puerto Rico, and Ft Lauderdale) recently where I traveled with a bag platform similar to your bag shelf. Bag sits on top, little pull out shelf for the control surface. On both occasions I've had production rent me a bigger cart; in PR it was a bigger rubbermaid with 8" pneumatic casters, in FL it was a suitcase cart. I put the bag shelf on top, secure it down, and use half the bigger cart as mixer, and half as utility cart. It takes some clever packing and arranging, but it's a possibility. And, the bigger cart gives you more horizontal workspace, and the big wheels help with rough terrain.