Remote Audio Hi-Q Batteries

saadasound

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Maybe not a sound, but don't forget about EMI. It's not healthy to be so close for so long to a charger

No argument there. Production put us in possibly the worst hotel I've stayed in and alas I had no choice. Luckily it was only one night. We the crew demanded production find us somewhere better.

Hi Steve, 

I switched over about 6 months ago and I really like them so far.  I have 3 batteries, 2 of the Hi-Q and one directly from Inspire, I am getting about 1.5 days of run time with a 633 and Lectrosonics SR-C. I like knowing that for the most part, the battery that I start the day with is the one I will likely end the day with. I have the AudioRoot 2 bank charger, I like that it tells me how many times a battery has been charged which makes it easy to keep them all in the same condition. Hope to see you in Baltimore soon, good luck on your job. 

Chris

Excelente!!!!! 

some advices from my experience

The Audioroot eLC-SMB charger features a battery wake-up function for fully depleted batteries.....

but the first time doesn't worked to me

the Audioroot dual charguer wake-up function worked fine!!

other thing...

can't power up my nomad with 45Wh audioroot with regular cable

from Audioroot:

NOMAD from Zaxcom are fitted with very large capacitors in their internal power supplies. When switching these units ON a very high inrush current occurs because of these capacitors. This inrush current is high enough to make the eSMART Li-45wh battery protection trip. This protection circuit is rated at 4A with inrush current capabilities of 10A for 31ms and 20A for 427us.

Your problem can be solved by using a current limiting cable. We can provide this cable under reference eHRS4-HRS4-2.0 or eHRS4-OUT-5.0 depending on your setup (ie if you are using a power distributor to power your NOMAD).

If you are used to building your own DC cables you can also simply build and HRS to HRS cable with a 1ohm resistor in series to power your NOMAD. The resistor will act as a current limiter and correct the issue you are currently experiencing.

The very best!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 2:05 PM, Nate C said:

How good are the silent chargers. Had an away job the other week where my charger was inches from my pillow. Not a sound.

They are awesome. 

My LCD played up the other day.  But seems ok now. 

Love the size and power of these batts. 

I'm using with Nomad.  I have had an issue where I couldn't turn on the Nomad upon switching it on. Nothing would power up.  I thought it was the battery budd 2.  As it has an internal self resetting cap.    Maybe it was the battery? I wonder if it also self resets? 

Takes like 30 seconds or so to reset.  

But other than that happening very rarely they have been great.  

• 4 months later...

I have a remote audio BDS v4u and I've heard that audioroot and remote all use the universal style shoe, is that correct? I like the smart features of the audioroot and think I want to go that road but would need a remote audio cup because of the ta4f input termination on the bds.

Also, anyone know what sort of runtime you'd get out of the these 98w/hr battery with a 633 rig with 2 wisycom MCR42's? or any pair of dual receivers approximately? I'd like to dump the sony L-style batteries out of the bag to save weight. I'm currently using the 2 of those for the 633 plus an np1 to power my receivers.

cheers gang

42 minutes ago, PJ Rankin said:

I have a remote audio BDS v4u and I've heard that audioroot and remote all use the universal style shoe, is that correct? I like the smart features of the audioroot and think I want to go that road but would need a remote audio cup because of the ta4f input termination on the bds.

Also, anyone know what sort of runtime you'd get out of the these 98w/hr battery with a 633 rig with 2 wisycom MCR42's? or any pair of dual receivers approximately? I'd like to dump the sony L-style batteries out of the bag to save weight. I'm currently using the 2 of those for the 633 plus an np1 to power my receivers.

cheers gang

I use an Audioroot cup (which I prefer to the Remote Audio one) with my Remote BDS without issue. IIRC the wiring on the TA4 was a little different. I can check later. And I get about 6 1/2 - 7 hours on a 49 watt with my 633, 2 Lectro SRCs, 2 LT hops and my iPhone charging.

Edited by Trey LaCroix
typo

47 minutes ago, Trey LaCroix said:

I use an Audioroot cup (which I prefer to the Remote Audio one) with my Remote BDS without issue. IIRC the wiring on the TA4 was a little different. I can check later. And I get about 6 1/2 - 7 hours on a 49 watt with my 633, 2 Lectro SRCs, 2 LT hops and my iPhone charging.

Thanks for the info! That sounds really promising about the 49Wh, I might have to pick up one of each. What was it you didn't like about the remote audio cup? Do audioroot sell a cup terminated in ta4? I've not seen one.

Thanks again.