All Round Shotgun Mic MKH8060??

Drgreen

I'm after a mic I can boom dialogue with (a MKH 50 is probably next on the list), use as my on camera (GH5) mic and also use to record spot SFX.

I'm thinking MKH8060 would be good for this due to it's size and quality, I also have a pair of 8040s that I love. What do you think? 

I'm an editor who likes to get out of my cave on occasion to help out on set where I can.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Dr Green, I'm also a sound editor with two 8040s and an MKH40. Had I been a production mixer I would have the MKH50 at the top of my list (with probably a 416 second) : I own neither but like yourself have 'very near' options and experience with others. It's very hard to tell without knowing what beyond an 8040 you might have need for. A short shotgun or a tighter hyper? As it goes I would probably audition (if you don't already know them) the 50, the 60 and the DPA 4017, the latter being quite tempting for myself as someone with a similar arsenal to yourself.

Best, Jez