New Sony digital TX, high density, wide band width (148mhz).

daniel

3 hours ago, Mungo said:

Very interesting. That codec of the (old) N series is superb, also the Cross Remote. I'm curious about them making a new portable receiver too.

Portable RX with wifi, so remote app can control directly (without need for router) - a bit like AL's A10 app.

The Np-BX1 (small camera) battery is an interesting development as well, very cheap and slightly more capacity than the 1 for SSM(?).

2 hours ago, Boomboom said:

I wonder how they can keep their system running at so low rf power (2 mW) ? That's kind of neat if you just need that power and can go a whole day with the batteries.

Goes up to 25mW, but I agree that's surprisingly low. Maybe it's aimed at theatres or TV studios or whatever where they can have an antenna never more than a few meters away

Just last week I tested the Sony Digital system... Its a solid system. The remote control function worked well when In range.. I was using the portable Receiver. Running Digital into 788 and it sounded really really good, as Andy states in some of his videos, it does sound like you hardlined in..  I tested with the plugon transmitter and only once on an exterior scene in heavy wooded area did I have to kick up to full power.. Majority of the time I was in Medium Power... The remote function came in handy when and actor decided to go full yell during take one when no indication of this was happening. Was able to quickly gain down for next take and had no issues.. This was very cool.  Will happily wait to see if Sony follows up with a Wide band Plugon module going forward..