Audix 1280B Shotgun

Affinity

I've done several searches but I've come up with very little information about the Audix 1280B with shotgun capsule.  Does anyone have this mic?  How does it compare to something like the Rode NTG3 or Sanken CS-3e?

I did find a single reference from a Senator Mike who in 2012 stated: "I've used the Audix 1280 HC and 1280s and their micro-booms myself, and they are terrific"

Just Kidding Affinity. Senator Mike has been a highly regarded production sound professional both on the set and in the classroom for decades. He has forgotten more about the science of production sound than many of us will ever know. In fact, he generously posted to your article here, "Operating a boom mic", back in April 2011  :>)

• 5 months later...

I think we're going down a road we don't want to go if we start emulating "Senator."  His reputation for harassing others here is quite legendary.  And, no, he doesn't have a good reputation as a mixer.  He was FIRED from the teaching job he had.  He serially harassed every sales post I made or a period of time, so that I had to take them all down.   I'm waiting in the tall grass for that worthless POS.

Arni,

Your WAY out of line here....  Seriously... threats?

This forum is no place for this..  Please get a grip.

2 hours ago, Arnold F. said:

I think we're going down a road we don't want to go if we start emulating "Senator."  His reputation for harassing others here is quite legendary.  And, no, he doesn't have a good reputation as a mixer.  He was FIRED from the teaching job he had.  He serially harassed every sales post I made or a period of time, so that I had to take them all down.   I'm waiting in the tall grass for that worthless POS.

3 hours ago, Arnold F. said:

I think we're going down a road we don't want to go if we start emulating "Senator."  

Who exactly is emulating Senator? He has left this forum anyway, so I don’t quite get why you feel the need to bring back this older thread which had already run its course...

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, afewmoreyears said:

You're welcome to pretend a threat was made.  Or block me, little fella.  I don't care either way.

In any case, since Senator Douchebag has left the forum there is no issue.  Thankfully, no one will receive endless unwanted PM's or have him mercilessly harass their sales threads.  Still, I owe him and if I find a way to pay him back, I will.

And since he's hiding (none of his contact information is valid anymore) perhaps one of his fans here can pass that on to him.

Cheers!

On 3/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, afewmoreyears said:

Arni,

Your WAY out of line here....  Seriously... threats?

This forum is no place for this..  Please get a grip.

1 hour ago, Arnold F. said:

You're welcome to pretend a threat was made.  Or block me, little fella.  I don't care either way.

In any case, since Senator Douchebag has left the forum there is no issue.  

No no, there is an issue and it’s not Senator. 

But I‘m glad you took your time in responding. That’s what they always say when you get angry, right? „Sleep over it“?. And you did. Didn’t help much, but you tried

On 3/19/2018 at 8:44 AM, Constantin said:

Who exactly is emulating Senator? He has left this forum anyway

Why did he leave, what is he up to now? Retired I assume. 

I do enjoy reading his responses though when I did up old threads.