Sound Devices & Audio Ltd

Eric Toline

Sound Devices Named North American Distributor for Audio Ltd

As an exclusive distributor for Audio Ltd, Sound Devices will bring the new A10 Digital Wireless Microphone System to North America and Latin America effective November 1, 2017.

Statement from the Vice President of Sales at Sound Devices, LLC, Ed Capp:

"Sound Devices is excited to be named the distributor for Audio Ltd’s new A10 Digital Wireless Microphone System. For decades, Audio Ltd has been a highly regarded wireless company in the TV/Film production industry. This is a great chance for both companies to showcase how well our products can work together to ensure a premium path of audio from transmitter to the mixer. We look forward to bringing the A10 system to a wider audience."

Read the full news announcement from Audio Ltd.

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

With this level of cooperation between the companies (this is the first time Sound Devices has ever been a distributor for another company?!), I bet the odds are high that a 633mk2 with inside it an integrated Audio Ltd receiver is on the cards??

I'd be very surprised if SD went for that degree of integration, there's too much competition in the wireless market, with many committed to different systems for different reasons.

Would the TX recording function be disabled for the USA, and enabled for Europe?

10 hours ago, IronFilm said:

With this level of cooperation between the companies (this is the first time Sound Devices has ever been a distributor for another company?!), I bet the odds are high that a 633mk2 with inside it an integrated Audio Ltd receiver is on the cards??

RMs (wireless) seem to have a longer working life than most modern recorders and operators may need to swap out RMs for a number of reasons (although in the case of A10 RX it wont be for a different freq band). The more integrated the solution, the more extensive the redundancy needs to be. I like having an integrated mixer-recorder but if it goes down I've lost both those functions in 1 go, when I might have been able to struggle through with 1 or the other.

Funny I was just about to post this in the A10 thread as I was hoping for better compatibility between the companies, well I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore....and as far as speculating on products, as camera systems become more modular, I wonder if SD starts producing modules for the cameras with wireless integration?  I was just talking to Dennis at SD today about hoping they'd make a more advanced version of lectros pdr. He didn't say anything. Will be an interesting NAB in 18 for SD. I'm all in. 

IMG_0667.PNG

• 4 months later...
On 10/10/2017 at 10:14 PM, IronFilm said:

Well, now Sound Devices has bought them out, the odds have got even higher!

On 10/9/2017 at 11:48 PM, mikewest said:

A very interesting development!

I just hope that Audio Ltd can supply quantity as in the past it was very slow

mike

Hi Mike,

Kish gave me a tour a few years ago.  Their facility was less than 1,00 square feet!  Perhaps they have expanded.  I love my Audio Ltds, and they are all for sale as I retired about a month ago.

Cheers!