Grant

Best mic for specific location

I found the Sennheiser MKE-2 to be a fairly tight sounding lav mic. When I used the mic it was not hidden, but clipped on a men's suit jacket/blazer. Seemed less "open" to me than a COS-11.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you everyone for a huge and comprehensive set of ideas!

I am efforting local rentals in lav and shotgun configurations (will try the DPA-4080 and Sanken CS3-e), and will record some tests. If I can rent in a Cedar DNS-2 for tests here inside the Capitol, I would like to run that as part of the testing matrix also.

The noise level in here varies a lot, so a proper test might take several shifts to complete - the worst acoustic environments here will track with a lot of people or equipment moving through. The rest of the time, it's just a big, taxpayer-funded echo chamber.

Grant.

Friday PM - Russell Rotunda. The finish line for the week is in sight!

IMG_1195.JPG

Grant,  I've had great results with the CMIT in a similar situation.  The Barbados Parliament is an echo chamber and the CMIT worked well from below with some clothing to help absorb some reverb.  Below can be a life saver even if it is a little further away.  Otherwise, in Congress a frag grenade could be just what the doctor ordered.