PSC RF Linear Amp

Matthias Richter

does anyone use this RF amplifier? I would like to push my Sennheiser SR 300 G2 to more output power. At the moment I can`t use it in stereo-mode as that cuts the working distance too much. Mono is fine but I would like to have two signals on one frequency. My main concern is wether that powered output will bleed into my Zaxcom receivers that are on the cart too.

Anyone with experience? Maybe Ron? (btw how much is it?)

http://www.professionalsound.com/specs/linear.htm

Cheers, Matthias

Our RF Linear is primarily designed to operate with a 50mW input and then output 300mW of RF.  It was originally designed for a customer who wanted to transmit time code over a large outdoor stadium.  I tried to look up the RF output power of that Senn model to see if it outputs 50mW, 30mW or what, but did not find any specs for the RF on their website.....kind of strange?  If the power output is greater than 50mW, then our device will not work properly.  I will tell you what I tell everyone else.  Try an improved antenna first before spending the money on a RF amp.  Usually a better antenna will do all you need.  If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to call me.

Ron Meyer

PSC 

Thanks for the reply Ron. there is a pdf that specs 30mW max output for the tx. at the moment I work with an external omni pattern "flunder" paddel style antenna as the ifb signal goes to various places around the set. So I probably could improve the signal with a shark fin but that will improve only in one direction - thats why I were interested in the booster. But as said I am somewhat concerned and would like to do a test before go on a shoot with it. Will see what my local dealer says.

Matthias