Zaxcom TRXLA3 Line level cable wiring

Sebastian

Hi Guys. I have the recommended Lemo FVB.00.303.NLA connector and need to make up an XLR (F) line level cable for my Zaxcom TRXLA3. Besides patience, anyone got some words of wisdom on how to do this. I'm assuming both resistors will be wired in the XLR as the lemo is too tiny. Also, how do you attach the screen to the Lemo connector body?

Many thanks,

Sebastian

you are correct. put the resistors in the XLR.

when you tin the screen for the lemo end, dont use all the wire, leave some loose, then when you push the crimp part onto the cable by pushing it onto the stripped wire end, it will take the loose shield wire with it, which when you assemble the connector makes the connection between pin 1 and the shell.

I’ve tried, hard, to make Lemo 3-pin cables and just gave up eventually. Hint: make sure you have a good crimp-tool and the correct size crimp die. I did not. 

Lemo doesnt really help. They could give you info for the correct size crimp die but instead they would have you buy their crimper for like $700. No thanks. 

For the record anyone know the the correct size die to use? Just before I threw in the towel I was thinking I should try a crimper intended for RG174 but never ordered the part.