Dear Licensee: Greetings from T Mobile....

Philip Perkins

Ya, I guess T-Mobile is carefully covering their ass for when they hammer the spectrum they licensed. At the moment, it looks like lots of US major metro areas are clear (including SF Bay Area). For now. Here's an interactive map last updated a few days ago (but apparently missing some of the latest T-Mobile updates also from a few days ago):

http://maps.spectrumgateway.com/t-mobile-600-mhz-band-71-deployment.html

And there's this:

McMorris Rodgers leads bipartisan letter calling on FCC to clear auctioned spectrum on time

A bipartisan letter led by U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) on Monday called for the 600 MHz spectrum recently offered through the Federal Communications Commission’s broadcast incentive auction to be cleared by the scheduled date of July 3, 2020.

The FCC auctioned the spectrum to allow for the repurposing of broadcast airwaves for nationwide wireless mobile use given the huge demand for connected mobile devices.

McMorris Rodgers and U.S. Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA) wrote in a letter to FCC Chairman Ajit Pai that the buildout resulting from the FCC’s spectrum auction would help bridge the digital divide that leaves many Americans in rural areas without access to broadband internet. 

A bipartisan group of 54 lawmakers signed the letter. 

“Reliable broadband internet provides significant employment, educational, health and economic opportunities to those who have access. However, too many Americans remain unserved or underserved,” the letter said.

Rest of the story:

https://riponadvance.com/stories/mcmorris-rodgers-leads-bipartisan-letter-calling-fcc-clear-auctioned-spectrum-time/

• 1 month later...

I got a similar letter too, although mine was worded a little different.  I also got it via email.  It's nice that they are reaching out and providing clear information.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's in part because they are rolling out way ahead of the original projected schedule.  I think I'm part of the lucky crews, even though T-Mobile is headquartered here in Seattle, they aren't rolling out 600MHZ west of the WA Cascades any time soon.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:48 AM, Derek H said:

So when are all the TV transmitters going to clear out of 600? Do they have the same 3 year transition?

Official FCC documentation here.  You may have to wade somewhat deeply into the data to get the information that you really care about, but the "Phase Assignment" file should answer your question about the TV transition schedule.