zaxcom zmt rf dropouts. preston interference, etc

Jatb51

Hello, I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced rf interference between the zaxcom zmt and prestons? I've had ac's change channels which has helped, but still getting rf drop outs- 

I am in Greenpoint in Brooklyn - the rf here is crowded-  Im in the lower band of rf  - and having problems across the different freq blocks. The rf will be solid then get hit and drop out completely. It's nerve racking. It's happening accross the board on both my zmt and trx742.

I've reverted back to the lectro uh 400's which is disappointing. These are in blk 26 which is solid at the moment.

Cheers

J

I have both Lectro and Zax units. I have found that in highly reflective environments (lots of flat metals surfaces), the Zaxcom units tend to struggle more compared to Lectro. You will have full signal but still sometimes get random drops. ZHD handles this a bit better depending on the setting. 

Thankyou so much for your replies-

I'm using a lectro umc16b as distro- I have 2x zaxcom - rx200 and older good stereoline receiver and running the zmt low band and a block 21- both experiencing dropouts. The lectro tx are in block 26. The anntennas are 1 rf venue cp beam and a lectro Alp 620. Been running this on previous jobs well, but experiencing problems in Greenpoint and Queens.

That is super interesting re reflective surfaces- The set where I'm having the problems is full of gimballing glass- as in triple reflection problems.. 

I can post the rf scan if interested when I'm back at stage- It is thick with rf!