Daniel Ignacio

Portabrace “Silent” audio bags.

Just came across these new Portabrace bags. The AO-1SILENT (“lightweight” model) and AO-1.5SILENT look the same from the front, plus here’s the latter from the top:

lightweight_silent_audio_case_1_2.jpg2017-10-26_10.06.12a1.jpg

Video demo:

Images from their newsletter announcement:

quiet-details.jpg

AO-SILENT-alum-features.jpg

AO-SILENT-cable-features.jpg

AO-SILENT-front-pocket.jpg

AO-SILENT-openings.jpg

PR copy excerpt:

A light but strong aluminum frame ensures a sturdy case that won’t weigh you down. In fact, this [AO-1SILENT] Audio Organizer, at 2.7lb, weighs almost half that of competitor’s cases. The exterior is made from durable waterproofed 1000-Denier Cordura, protecting it from the elements, and the roughest environments. The interior keeps your gear safe with its soft and protective material. Two padded dividers provide extra security. One pad also has a removable elastic wireless holder that can accommodate up to 3 wireless units.

[…]

A large front pocket can hold any extra equipment, while the MOLLE—nylon strips sewn horizontally across the bag--attached to the pocket allow the user to clip or hang receivers, cables, headphones, and so on, to the bag. Both sides of the AO-SILENT feature fully detachable side panels for easy access to mixer inputs and outputs. You will also find transmitter hop pouches on either side, along with one zippable flask holder. The included Piggin’ String lends a hand with longer coils of large cables and extension cords.

The price and weight are pretty attractive. It's weird that they don't have the rubber silencers on the side panel zips though, my Stingray has strings instead of metal tabs on those for silent operation. I like that this has 4 attachment points on top. If I were in the market for a bag, I'd definitely look into this one, happy with my Stingray Small for now, though.

50 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

https://www.portabrace.com/ao-silent.html

With an introductory price of €85 that is quite appealing to try out. 

Although I don't quite understand why the AO-1SILENT is 40% more expensive (even though it is a smaller bag!):

https://www.portabrace.com/ao-1silent.html

The introductory price is awesome but their shipping costs are outrageous for outside the US

2 minutes ago, efksound said:

The introductory price is awesome but their shipping costs are outrageous for outside the US

also the price, $99 =? €110,88? (if you change the currency to euro on their website) ?? surly this sale is only for US customers...